Upgrade body or lenses?

Skateboarding for the most part. Im trying to balance that and regular photography though.
I dont have the money for a 430ex I doubt, unless i saved more. I was going to get a 28-135is usm lense then perhaps a 220ex. We rarely skate at night although it does happen. Im hoping a 220ex would atleast give me more realistic tones.

Edit: Funds breakdown.

~900 dollars.
For sure

Thinking

or
_________
Spend the rest from the 10-17 on a 430ex. I need the range for some paintball and general shots as well but a nice flash would be good.
200 on a (used?) budget tele like the 55-250IS
100 on a 220ex
and/or a 50.18

Thats about it.

"28-135" - I think you can find it for less then $250 on EBay - there must be A LOT of these around from all the 40D kits :)

Lens you can always share between cameras so go lens first. Camera body you want today will be cheaper in six months.

Thats true. The thing is though in six months I wont have the chance to get a new body.
Ill be doing most of this or can hold off til almost January. If I can find a used 40D for 800 maybe then I can sell my XT and get the Tokina 10-17.
Still not sure.

Skateboarding for the most part. Im trying to balance that and regular photography though.
I dont have the money for a 430ex I doubt, unless i saved more. I was going to get a 28-135is usm lense then perhaps a 220ex. We rarely skate at night although it does happen. Im hoping a 220ex would atleast give me more realistic tones
Oh sorry, I misread. I was thinking you already had a 430ex.

www.strobist.com - Off-camera flash can be cheap, and can do wonders for your photos if used correctly.

How bad would a mounted one be? I know it casts bad shadows. But generally I ca..
Well I guess I could throw a cheapy tripod in my backback then mount it at the skatespot perhaps? Isnt that a pain setting up with the camera?
Were just kids who roll and around and skateboard. Nothing serious but I want some good convienant equipment.

Have a look at something like this:
http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16742&cat=256&page=1
You could use one for on camera flash, as well as the stroboframe bracket and separate flash foot gives you some of the advantage of off camera flash, such as red eye reduction and multiple lighting angles. Then if you want to further explore off camera, you just need a couple of stands and umbrellas with brackets. This is a very inexpensive way to get into more advanced flash photography.

Im not trying to carry all this stuff around with me though. Im a 16 year old skating around with his buddies basically, if I cant easily fit it in my backpack I wont have it with me. Night sessions dont occur too often anyway but itd just be nice to have. At this point I think ill focus on lenses. Just searching my options I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back