Upgrade to a D300 now or wait??

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Shealyn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Shealyn

Shealyn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi all just wondering if you think it's wroth upgrading to the D300 now or wait till the next Nikon comes out? I guess I'm wondering if it's worth spending all that money for a camera that came out over a year ago.

Right now I have a D70 which has served me well but am so really for something bigger and better

Also does any know who has the best extended warranty in Canada, well BC anyway
    TIA

I'm posting this again ( as I posted it in the wrong forum the first time...oops )

2. SpeedTrap

SpeedTrap TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well if you have the money, and you want to upgrade, just do it.
    If you play the game of waiting for the D400 or whatever it might be, you could be waiting for another year and you will pay more for it.
    The D300 is a great fantastic camera and will serve you well for several years.

As for the warranty, Nikon Canada has a 2 year warranty on all bodies, how much longer do you need?

3. Shealyn

Shealyn TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for your reply:) Well my hubby did end up buying me the D300 for x-mas so I guess I'll skit with that :) Does seem like a rocking camera :D

I have/had a 4 year warranty for my D70 and just last month used it to replace the card tray. Hubby got an extra year for the D300 so I'm good for 3 years.