Upgrade to the D300 or wait??

Thanks for your replies all.
I did end up with the D300 for x-mas from my hubby:D For me it is the right upgrade. My D70 has served me well and look forward to seeing what the D300 can offer me.
Both DH and I have done our research and are happy with the outcome.
I don't feel like I was trying to chase the unknown, just though if Nikon had the D300's upgrade coming out in the next two or three months maybe it was best to wait. Now I just have to save up for more good glass:D

Beware, I ordered a D300 meant for me. Wife was the one who picked it up from UPS. First words when she emailed she got it was MINE. :lol: I have since ordered and recieved another D300. That second one is apparently OURS? :mrgreen:

Not sure how this married thing is working out photo wise. :wink:

Beware, I ordered a D300 meant for me. Wife was the one who picked it up from UPS. First words when she emailed she got it was MINE. :lol: I have since ordered and recieved another D300. That second one is apparently OURS? :mrgreen:

lol....I did catch dh changing the lenses between the D70 and D300, does he not know this is MY job only :lol:;)

... I did end up with the D300 for x-mas from my hubby:D For me it is the right upgrade. My D70 has served me well and look forward to seeing what the D300 can offer me. ...
Congrats, Shealyn!! What a fantastic present :)

So Shealyn how you liking your new toy so far?

So far so good:D Though I have not had a ton of time to play with it...yet. Christmas brake is keeping me busy with the little monkeys :lol:

Don't tell my husband I said this, but I can't imagine wanting anything else after getting the D300 this year. For Christmas this year, I thought, WOW! I don't want/need anything since I have my D300. It does everything I need/want it to do and MORE that I have yet to learn.

And, yes, he did say it was ours, but I told him he can use it if he reads the manual like me!

Di'ja ever look into that deevoriss thing? Works for some and cheaper than buying all those cameras... lol

Don't tell my husband I said this, but I can't imagine wanting anything else after getting the D300 this year. For Christmas this year, I thought, WOW! I don't want/need anything since I have my D300. It does everything I need/want it to do and MORE that I have yet to learn.

And, yes, he did say it was ours, but I told him he can use it if he reads the manual like me!
Actually I can see you soon having urges to buy glass. Sorry to say but it is inevitable, resistance is futile. :p

It's a trap! As Joves accurately mentions... now comes the expensive lenses so that you can pull the best out of what your camera is REALLY capable of! ;)

It's a trap! As Joves accurately mentions... now comes the expensive lenses so that you can pull the best out of what your camera is REALLY capable of! ;)

Then you will have such good glass, and that new Nikon D800 with 18meg's and 4 stops lower noise comes out and you need a camera to match your good glass. :mrgreen:

It is a vicous cycle isnt it?

I am a firm believer that the red trim under the shutter release on Nikons. Somehow sends an electric stimulation to the holder that is narcotic in nature. And if you don't hold the camera for a long period. You start to get withdrawal symptons. And of course if you constantly use the camera your body gets used to it. So you have to keep buying new camera bodies to get to a new higher level of dosage to keep your fix. :lol: Hence the dosage level in the cameras name. :lmao:

Not sure how Canon does it. They are kinda sneeky. :mrgreen:

LSD <> DSLr <-------- come on now, cant you see it??? :lol:

I'm in the same boat...I'm going to keep saving up until around End of March/Early April and see where the rumors are around then. I'd like to get a D300 for baseball season, but if the D400 isn't too far out there then I'll probably get that. I would like another good DX format camera from Nikon, but we'll see...

I did not read all the replies because I am much to lazy to do that, but consider what your d70 doesn't do that you really think you need. Also there are some question to ask yourself. First, Could I better my picture quality with better glass? Second, Do I have a good flash SB600 or 800? Do I need other stuff like a good tripod with a ball head, do I need a way to transport my gear that is safe and convinient? These are things that don't cost as much as a new body but can make a world of diffrence over your body.

Most reactions

Back