Upgrade to Windows 10?

annamaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone I received a notice on my computer that I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free in July. Should I upgrade or leave it alone. Should I just keep Windows 7? I have heard that when a new OS is released it usually has bugs and ends up being more of a headache. What are your thoughts?

My gut feeling about these things is never to change a running system. The trouble is, at some point your OS will no longer be supported and you won't have any other option but to upgrade, so if it can be done now with no financial outlay, it might be worth doing. The question is, how long will Windows 7 remain viable?

My gut feeling about these things is never to change a running system. The trouble is, at some point your OS will no longer be supported and you won't have any other option but to upgrade, so if it can be done now with no financial outlay, it might be worth doing. The question is, how long will Windows 7 remain viable?

Yes that is what I'm thinking. I wish I knew how long Windows 7 would be supported. I definitely can't afford to upgrade when it is no longer available for free. It's a tricky thing whether to stick with win 7 or not. Thanks for your thoughts.

Microsoft has said they will support Windows 7 until 2020 - so you should be good for at least 5 years.

Oh that is good to know thanks!

Microsoft has said they will support Windows 7 until 2020 - so you should be good for at least 5 years.

Thank you for the good news!

Always install your updates. Always get your service packs. Always stay with the latest and greatest.

Stay behind and your machine will end up running like a dog, will keep spitting issues, and if you ever end up calling for support, the first thing you'll be told is to upgrade.

The ONLY reason never to install updates etc is if you have legacy software installed which will NOT be supported by future versions of an operating system.

Always install your updates. Always get your service packs. Always stay with the latest and greatest.

Stay behind and your machine will end up running like a dog, will keep spitting issues, and if you ever end up calling for support, the first thing you'll be told is to upgrade.

The ONLY reason never to install updates etc is if you have legacy software installed which will NOT be supported by future versions of an operating system.

Thanks so much for that info. I probably should upgrade. Though the GUI interface looks so different it will take some getting used to.

You will have one year after the official launch to install Win 10 for free. Plenty of time to think about it, no need to hurry.

You will have one year after the official launch to install Win 10 for free. Plenty of time to think about it, no need to hurry.

Thanks a lot sashbar much appreciated. It's a relief to know that.

That's what I was thinking, I wouldn't be in that much of a hurry and would take time to look into it.

Sometimes one looses the ability to run certain apps with an updated OS. I'd rather suffer with an older, slower machine than to spend hundreds if not thousands on new software.

I've had a lot of nice apps went go back to Win 3.11. Slowly, inexorably, they never made it past W7.

Took a quick look, I might wait for, I don't know, 11 or 12?? I don't need no stinkin' apps! lol

I don't know, I'm just glad I missed the disaster that 8 apparently was! lol I'm no computer expert by any stretch but I guess it depends on what kind of 'device' you use. To me a lot of the technology can be great when it works but when it doesn't, oh boy is it more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

Oh, I'm definitely going to wait til it goes to 11. lol

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back