Upgrade to Windows 10?

Anyone here with Windows 10 having problems with video cards not working? I have seen some people complain of this in other forums.

I had problems with screens being greyed out.
I watched for a while and it happened when the software for my screen calibrator opened.
Removed that and all is well.

All I've had trouble with is that dang DPC Watchdog Violation on my laptop. I get the dreaded BSOD. Finally found out it's the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Fix is to hook up a wired or USB mouse, then uninstall the Synaptic driver in Device Manager. Reboot. When up again, Microsoft Update will reinstall the updated driver automagically. Then it will need to reboot one more time. That's it. I'm hoping it does the trick!

I upgraded on my Lenovo W540 and built a new VM that I use on my desktop here at home (for work things). So far a few minor glitches here and there, but generally solid. Start menu is way better than the train-wreck forced metro thing they kept trying to ram down our throats.

Cortana is a MASSIVE battery hog, not to mention all the various privacy concerns, so I shut her down (and locked down the system to some degree... though... really... they're still watching and I know it.)

Doom and gloom remarks aside, Microsoft has this pretty well down. The code base for the Windows OS has not changed nearly as much as it used to in the olden days. The core of NT and all it's relative goodness is still buried in there (along with Win2K, XP, Vista (eek), Win7, etc.)

The upgrades I've seen so far have been VERY smooth, though once upgraded I did blow my system away to get a fresh install because I prefer it that way.

I think you're safe to move with it, but I do recommend looking into some of the privacy concerns and shutting some things down pretty quick.

So far all of my other software, including PS/LR and Adobe Bridge, are all working OK. I have an application that is used to monitor security cameras at one of my businesses and that works well also.
Another STUPID thing with EDGE. The Back/Forward Arrows are in the upper left corner but if you Right Click on it you don't get the list of pages to go back to. So when a web page double, or triple pumps so you can't go back easily you no longer have the list to jump back. With IE it's easy to go back and recover with a right click list but not with EDGE.

A couple weeks in and all seems good still. Maya, Blender, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign all seem to run well. Under Windows 8.1 I had video card driver issues, which seem to have gone away.

I will be testing Adobe (not Microsoft) Edge line soon before school starts again later this month.

Been trying to upgrade my laptop. From win 7 to win 10. It will completely download then start the install and deos a restart around %40 and when it restarts says reverted back to current version. Then starts on windows update screen and says update failed. I've gone thru the process 8-10 times. Turned my Norton antivirus off and tried again, still nothing. Any suggestions

Hey everyone I received a notice on my computer that I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free in July. Should I upgrade or leave it alone. Should I just keep Windows 7? I have heard that when a new OS is released it usually has bugs and ends up being more of a headache. What are your thoughts?

I got the same notice too but I didn't avail it I'm happy and contented with my Windows 7 thank you :)

Windows 10? Really? what happened to 6, 7, 8 and 9? lol ... I am that behind ... lol

I know right! I was forced to upgrade to Windows 7 because I cannot get any updates anymore for my XP, I love XP it's so easy and manageable.

God, XP sucked so bad!! I was so very happy when I didn't have to fix everyone's screwed up and infected machines constantly at work, once we finally moved to 7.
8.1... meh- made my gamers faster, though. 8.x is way more efficient with RAM than previous Windows. I've been using 10 for a few weeks now and so far, great! A snag here and there, but overall 10 ROCKS for me. Very fast and the easiest upgrade ever.

My desktop is running great on it. Laptop, well, the damn Synaptics touchpad driver STILL crashes the system about 3 times a day. Grrrrr!!!!!! Even the updated one MS installs lately on update. It's usually when I click and drag a scrollbar. So I'm tryng to avoid doing that until I can find another driver. Acer doesn't support this model anymore. Only 2 1/2 years old!!

Yes they all do watch us but this version is much worse. If you read what alot of article say about how much info its giving out it crazy. More then usual but hey that's ok because every thing spies on us. Its so bad they created a program to turn of microsofts settings so its not so intrusive. Yes everything spies on us but this version is over the top.

Hey everyone I received a notice on my computer that I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free in July. Should I upgrade or leave it alone. Should I just keep Windows 7? I have heard that when a new OS is released it usually has bugs and ends up being more of a headache. What are your thoughts?
Keep win7 for another week or so before you upgrade. so far it seems the bugs are gone, but its always a good idea to wait alittle awhile. ESPECIALLY because microsoft laid off a bunch of your test team which means there just sending buggy crap out for users to find the bugs and report them.

The issue with win10 is they watch VERYTHING. They have legal right to see what you type, and record your audio from your microphone for "customer satisfaction" so theres that..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back