Upgrading Canon Body

klotzishere20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to upgrade my T1I body. All my lens are Canon so I'm def staying with that. Was thinking the 7D, but I'm not too sure yet.

What lenses do you have? Just because they are Canon, doesnt mean they are awesome.
The T1i is a more than capable body.

What type of shooting do you do?

What is your budget?

What lenses do you have? Just because they are Canon, doesnt mean they are awesome.
The T1i is a more than capable body.

What type of shooting do you do?

What is your budget?

I have a 400mm 2.8 (older version)
trying to get into wildlife, have trouble finding time to go out while trying to get my projects done

I can prolly sell my t1i for 750(with 75-300 lens).. rather not spend more than 1000 i was thinking it was pretty much between the 7d n the 50d

Last edited:
The 7D would be a decent upgrade for you. The AF is nice, fast shooting, decent handling of high ISO. I picked one up a few months ago and love it

The Canon 7D rocks. Get one, you will love it. And for the record, I shoot with both Canon and Nikon. 7D, 40D, D90, D300... Personally, I like the 7D.

The 7D is pretty much superior to the 50D in most areas - its AF is far more refined, noise control is better, weathersealing is improved etc...
Overall if you can afford it its a far better package.

Also the 7D has a video function and whilst not everyone wants video, for wildlife it tends to be something that many like to have the option of having whilst also being able to use their DSLR lenses and not having to lug another whole (expensive) camera system into the field (and there is something that nikon D3000 rubbish doesn't have ;) )

upgrade to a Canon 5D...a superior body. I was thinkin about upgrading my canon rebel to the first gen canon 5D. full frame time

Most reactions

New Topics

Back