Upgrading from 60D to D800E

I've read that the second edition of the 24-120 3.5-5.6 lens is significantly better than it's predecessor. Although for me I don't care for the extremely large RAW files it produces I would jump at the opportunity to get a D800 for all the other features it brings to the table. It is currently one of the best camera's available from any manufacturer.

Nikon has been regularly releasing incremental upgrades on it's entire lineup of D-SLR's from the entry level through the pro bodies like the D800 while Canon has remained relatively stagnant in that regard.

Get the D800 and 24-120, use it for a while then sell the lens when you've saved up some extra money to offset the cost of a nicer lens. The RAW files may be large, which for some could be a downside, but it's the only one I know of. It really is an awesome AWESOME camera.

Thanks, yeah i'd have to stick with that lens for a while as this has maxed out my budget
That lens will do for now, you can get for very cheap few primes that will really give you amazing results until you can get better lenses.
I would start with the 50mm 1.8D or G models

Thanks, yeah i'd have to stick with that lens for a while as this has maxed out my budget
That lens will do for now, you can get for very cheap few primes that will really give you amazing results until you can get better lenses.
I would start with the 50mm 1.8D or G models
Yeah i was thinking that, however i'm aiming for a 24-70 or a 24-240 f4 and a 50mm 1.8 or something is nearly 25% of the cost of the 24-70 so i may be best off saving

Yep the 24-70mm 2.8 is a beast and well worth the investment, I love mine!
Personally I wouldn't get F4 lens, too slow for me, well but that's me.

I got it! Cheers everyone!
2nbwti8.jpg

That's awesome dude!!!
Enjoy your amazing new camera in good health :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back