Upgrading Nikon from-to

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Sultan AlZaabi, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Sultan AlZaabi

Sultan AlZaabi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    HI THERE PEOPLE,

i want your advice about upgrading from Nikon D70s to Nikon D200

I want to ask you how about upgrading my body camera from
    Nikon D70s to Nikon D200

diffirent is
    -----
    click to the image to show bigger size
    [​IMG]
    D70s
    6.1 megapixels
    AF- 5 area focus
    iso start from 200
    LCD moniter 2 inch
    little options { the options here is weak } not good options
    to show the options
    http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d70s/index.htm
    -----

-----
    -----

-----
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D200
    10.2 megapixels
    AF- 11 area focus
    iso start from 100
    LCD moniter 2.5 inch
    more options { the options here is good } very nice options
    to show the info
    http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d200/index.htm
    -----

why i need to upgrade
    * I need more pixels and options.. not only for [ Galleries ] i'm a Graphics Designer and i want more pixels for Designing Big-Board with 6 x 2.5 mitters

I'm waiting for your reply ..!!

Regards
    Sultan AlZaabi

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    DPreview.com is a site that most of us use for side by side comparisons. Here is a link to D70S vs D200.

I'd wait till Photokina is over. It's a time where these companies come out with new models. You might get a better deal for the D200.

3. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect TPF Noob!

I have the d200 i think it is really about what you are shooting if it is suitable for you or not. Purchasing the camera hot off the market i wasn't aware of the things that made the D200 not so great.
    The d200 does a thing called infringing..
    if you do not know what this is..it does not handle contrast very well.
    If you were to shoot towards a builing against the sky when you blow the piuctures up to 100% you can see the damage it has done.
    With my camera it usually wipes out parts of the edge and fills them in with birhgt blue and white.
    If you need the MP i'm assuming your printing large and the larger the print the more this infinging you will see....hence making your workflow longer to PS it out.

It is a great potrait camera for sure.
    OH and people tell me a frimware update will take care of this infringing problem..no luck yet!

Besides that ...the camera is kikass!:)
    Hope that helped!

4. Tiberius

Tiberius TPF Noob!

Pixel - what's your source on this? I've NEVER heard of this (or anythig else negative) about the D200.

5. dsp921

dsp921 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The D200 has (or mostly had) issues. Banding being the most prevalant, this being a vertical banding pattern seen mostly at transitions from highlights to shadows. Some examples would hardly show the problem and would require a few stops of overexposure (type I) others would do it under normal shooting conditions (Type III). There are also a lot of complaints of hot pixels, focus problems and some of images not being recorded. These are very well known and I can't believe anyone doing research on the D200 and not hearing about them. I think the infringing that PixelPerfect talks about it CA, and that is generally the camera's higher resolving power showing the limits of the lens used. I could be wrong, though.
    Before anyone gets too upset, there are loads of D200 shooters that don't have or haven't seen any problems and are totally happy with the camera. It's a great camera that takes great pictures, but no camera is without some issues. Banding has been showing up less since the initial units.

6. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was considering upgrading to the d200 from a d70, but have heard good things about the d80, especially that it is a better general purpose camera than the d200.

7. JDP

JDP TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Meh, I've heard the D80 isn't all that hot - but it does have a vertical grip OEM going for it. But yeah, it probably is a better general purpose camera then the D200, and it doesn't scream 'photographer' as much either, which I like.

I'll be upgrading to whatever the next thing after the D200 is (D300?). Well, I should say, that's what I'd like to do - odds are I'll upgrade before that.
    The D200 has a DoF preview, which is something I'm really missing on my D50. If the D80 had a DoF preview, then I might be tempted, but if they're releasing a 10mp D80, a 14mp D200 upgrade is right around the corner. I wish.

8. dsp921

dsp921 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The D80 does have DOF preview...