Upgrading to 1D Mark II

Clark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there guys, im upgrading from my 300D (served me well) to a 1D Mark II. Or atleast thinking about it. Anything you guys would want to say before i go and get it, like maybe another camera you might suggest over the Mark II? Thanks, any response is appretiated.

I agree with PrimaryCanary. What does the 1D MK II have that the 20D doesn't that you need?

Do you shoot sports? The only real advantages I see other than the sensor being larger (better image quality), are the buffer, fps, and a spot meter.

Is that worth an extra $2500?

wow, i just checked and that thing is a LOT of money.... do you really need it? i mean i've seen tons of people yeild GREAT results with the 300D or 20D... D70

I would get the 20D if I were in your shoes and spend the rest on a couple of L glasses.

Sooner, when Canon comes out with the 24Meg DSLR, the price of the 16 and 8MP will come down. Then you can ebay the 20D body and get the 1D or 1Ds. The lens would be your greatest investment.

danalec99 said:
I would get the 20D if I were in your shoes and spend the rest on a couple of L glasses.

Sooner, when Canon comes out with the 24Meg DSLR, the price of the 16 and 8MP will come down. Then you can ebay the 20D body and get the 1D or 1Ds. The lens would be your greatest investment.
I'd get it for the full-frame sensor alone, but I'd have to be "well situated" money wise. Regardless, I agrme with Daniel. I'd make sure my glass was up to snuff first. What lenses are you using? They don't have to be L (though that would be great), but having a good zoom and a few primes would come first for me.

Digital Matt said:
Mark, the 1D mark II does not have a full frame sensor. Only the 1Ds and 1Ds mark II have.
Oops. I missed the missing "s". I personally wouldn't see the point, then, unless someone really, really needed the options you mentioned earlier.

Most reactions

Back