Upgrading !! ... Upgraded !!

This 4D focus ... I feel that it does work on getting more keeps, once y0u figure out what particular mode to use ... many options.

... last of the ripe ones.
waxwing.jpg

Good news (for me), the new A77mII that I bought for my wife will be here on Wed ... before we take vacation time !!!

Ok, I am really liking this camera.

Hand held, Sigma 150mm f2.8 OS macro wide open ... settings are all Auto, including AF, as I wanted to see how the camera thinks.
I like the user configurable custom setting, now I can have it turn off the Sony SS so I can use the Sigma OS.

View attachment 107638

Impressive!

Thanks, the credit goes to the lens/camera and not the photographer.
I just pointed and clicked.

Having 150mm macro on APS-C does have it's advantage of not having to get so close. I was pretty far from the fly, and I did not heavily crop the image.

One thing I will have to say ... the User Guide sucks.
They write it like the Engineers in my company ... it vaguely describes all the functions, but do not tell you how to use them.

A longer, tele-macro lens is reallllly sweet.

Yup. Was looking at the 200mm macro, but thought having f2.8 would be handy.
I use this mostly as a 150mm telephoto vs a macro.

I'm pretty happy with mine combined with the Tamron SP 150-600. I've never used the Wi-Fi function and wish it had GPS like my A77 & A65, I actually use that function. I also still use my A560 & A200 regularly and they all still perform flawlessly for me.
11046902_10205407310318869_7957917228287448978_o.jpg

Fox ... you got a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 ?
If so, how is it ?
I am looking for a f2.8 in that range?

Yes I'm very happy with my Tamron 2.8 70-200. It focuses very fast/accurately with my a77. It's probably my most widely used lens for both motocross and people pics as well.

Thanks for the info ... I was looking at the older Sigma, Tamron, and (probably not) Tokina.
Is yours the VC ?
I was thinking either the Sigma (older non-OS) or the Tamron (non-VC) for my budget.

No VC, none of the Tamron's in Sony mount have it to my knowledge do to the in body stabilization. My Sigma 2.8 17-50 does have VC or what ever they call it but I never switch it on, I just use the Sony in body. I use to have to Sigma 2.8 70-200 as well and it didn't focus as fast or accurately as the Tamron. I didn't know Tokina even made any lens in Sony A mount so I don't have any experience with those.

Ah, I should have said if you have the newer Tamron with USD or the older screw drive model.

One thing I will have to say ... the User Guide sucks.
They write it like the Engineers in my company ... it vaguely describes all the functions, but do not tell you how to use them.
Sony has always been bad with manuals but they usually give you some great features if you can figure out how to use them. If you get a chance try out the handheld twilight feature. It has saved me a few times in singe very low light situations.
So further playing around with this camera ... anyone using a Sony APS-C body should upgrade now.
The ability of fine tuning thinks like focus adjustment, ISO range, or even Auto Focus makes this camera worthwhile.
With all my digital cameras I always wished I could customize a feature/function ... and the other models (I never had the A77) I've had lacked that.

The "kit" 16-50mm f/2.8 lens is very good IQ wide open, even the corners are not bad.
Think I will keep it.

Got a new one on order for the wife ... can't find a deal on this camera used (I think I was very lucky on finding someone local who upgraded to the A7II).

I still have not really pushed this camera, but I it will be vacation time soon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have not tried that yet ... though I don't think it works when shooting in RAW?

Most reactions

Back