Upload a File

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
While I appreciate the upload a file ability when replying to threads in the forums, I would like to see the same thing be made available when having conversations with individual members. Surely it can't be that hard to do.

Terri, can you make is so?

um...
you already can.
the same post reply/upload a file/more options buttons are present in the conversation (PM) section as they are in the regular forums.

medic, Check your conversations. :allteeth:

Gryph can you take a screenshot of the window you get when selecting to start a conversation - showing the main text window and the buttons underneath.

This might be one of those "mods can users can't" that means mods are "blind" to the lack of feature.

**also notes that he's never uploaded anything into conversations and thus never thought to check starting his own to see if there was such a feature when you noted him a while back about this**

Here you go. I would have put it in the conversation.... BUT IT WON'T LET ME!!!! :allteeth:

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 13.14.45.png

As Daffy Duck would say.... "Confusing ain't it?"
1dduckdp1.gif

Could this be the mods trying to figure this one out???? :laugh2:

You know if you hit Command-Shift-4 and hold it a second you will get a target site that you can then drag over the area you want to take a screen shot. :allteeth:

Oops, my bad. :icon_redface: You can disregard. Didn't notice you are a windows user. Don't remember the print screen command for windows.

It works....***IF*** the image is hosted online, and you paste the actual URL of the image...and THEN manually add .jpg to the end of it....

I just tried it with this phone snap from this weekend
160728697.jpg

That's the point though. I don't want to have to host everything on line. I want to be able to upload a file directly from my computer the same as we can when replying to a thread in the forums.

Yeah, I agree...it would be great if we could just upload directly from our desktops. It would be very handy, for sure.

You know if you hit Command-Shift-4 and hold it a second you will get a target site that you can then drag over the area you want to take a screen shot. :allteeth:

Oops, my bad. :icon_redface: You can disregard. Didn't notice you are a windows user. Don't remember the print screen command for windows.
With Windows I have a single "print screen" button that takes a screenshot. I just can't remember where it saves the file to

With Windows I have a single "print screen" button that takes a screenshot. I just can't remember where it saves the file to
That works on a mac as well however the command-shift-4 combination allows you to select the area of the screen you want. Really convenient when I am working on the 27" iMac with a couple of windows open at one time. Don't copy a bunch of junk no one really wants to see any how.

Yeah, I agree...it would be great if we could just upload directly from our desktops. It would be very handy, for sure.
Yep, that's why I asked. You can do that already in the forum threads, just not in conversations.

I have faith in the mods and Terri. My only concern is if Mistress Terri gets involved how many pounds of flesh is she going to demand?
:whip: "Yes mistress, may I have another?":D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back