Upset......

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You guys have hit a nerve with me as well. Far be it for me to offer criticism to another photographer. I only know what I like and dislike not necessarily the mechanics behind my view point. My only way of showing what may be wrong with a shot that I care to offer an opinion on, is by experimenting in PS and then submitting it for the original member to judge.

And now the board has decided to rule out editing???? With detailed actions from PS???

WRONG! You are not giving me and others a chance to voice our opinions in such a way we only know, we’re cut off at the knees and can not compete with the pros.

Re-evaluate your strict rules…….

I am an “amateur’s amateur”.

Paul: the majority of us are amateurs. ;)

Please review this thread once more.

What is needed is a clear distinction between offering up a verbal critique, as opposed to just doing PS editing and explaining the mechanics of how you worked a software program.

Please don't stay upset. There is just a huuuuuge difference in how "critical analysis" is now being approached in this particular forum.

For PS edits, the General Galleries or even the Graphics forum is a better choice. Does that make sense? :)

Also, please understand that there is no rule against editing, but we are really pushing to have meaningful conversation about the content as well. If you made a load of edits to a particular post, why were they made? What motivated you to make them and what do you believe the outcome from those changes may be? I believe a lot of people would look at the finished product and say "wow, that DOES look better", but will that lead to helping them understand the components that went into improving it and why they were "needed" in the first place?

Just my 2 cents and thanks for the feedback!

I do not have the experience to offer verbal critiques, I am very much a black and white person. A non creative person, but I can distinguish what I like and dislike through example;.......ie, Photoshop. Your new rules rule out my offering of any critique, be it good or bad.

Allow me to restate: I have learned a great deal through the membership of the forum. Through edits, links, critiques and so on. The forum is composed of many younger people who are either in school or working in camera shops or professional photographers. I on the other hand, am old and retired seeking some enjoyment through photograph and exchanging ideas with others by experimenting with PhotoShop techniques. Now I feel limited to sit back and listen and view without any input.

I guess it's time to retire again.....Good night!

I honestly think you underestimate your value in this sense, and I hope that through the actions you will see, that you will see that you have plenty to offer that more than meets what we are looking for. :D I believe a little extra commentary, without having to get overly detailed, technical, etc, will go a long way to further helping others.

Most reactions

Back