urban exploring 3

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Over the weekend I got around working on some more pictures from my first urban exploring trip. They are both HDR pictures created from 2 and 3 pictures. I put them together in Photomatix and touched them up in Photoshop afterward. I tried to go for a creepy kinda look. I could see them being used as concept art for some "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" kinda horror movie.

370581038_a49b6737c9_o.jpg

370581005_02e5a6998a_o.jpg

If you like those, check out my other post from the same trip:
1. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69834
2. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70228

Good stuff, man. I really like #1 though, great HDR.

Great series! I like #2 personally, its very moody and quite freaky. LOL

Oh yes. Good stuff is what can be said. No other.
These are really good.
I like the staircase and the perspective you create!
Though that hallway is creepy enough, too!

Great stuff how many exposures did you use? as my hdr always comes out funny :confused:

:hail: ahhhhhhhh more urban stuff, nice nice , felt almost a little bit lonely here :)

number two is a killer ! great !!!!!!!

That is really cool man... I am going to have to try HDR they dont even look real.

These really are great urban HDR's. I really need to figure out how to use photomatix. Last time i tried it, it completly messed up the image by oversaturating it and giving it too much contrast.

Hmm. Looks like I may need to go out to Cali and go check out some of the local abandonments.

thanks for all the nice comments.

>Ab$solut:
For the 1st one i combined 2 photos, for the 2nd one 3 photos.

>Chicagophotoshop:
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range image. And it's a composit of multiple images combined into one. Usually you take 3 pictures; Normal exposure, over exposure and under exposure. With this technic you get great detail in the shadow and highlight parts. I noticed that my untouched HDR's usually look too grayish. But once I tweak them in Photoshop the pictures start looking the way I want them.

For example, if you look at the 2nd picture. The texture on the wall to the right was not even close as contrasty and detailed in reality. HDR brought that out. I think that's why some people don't like HDR as much and consider it almost as a cheat. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I see it as an other technic in improving a photo and making it more interesting for the viewer.

I'm still learning HDR so if people have tips on how to use the technic better, I am very open for constructive critic

what is HDR ?
EDIT: seemoo got there first ;) but basically....
High Dynamic Range.... basically combining a few different exposures... there have been lots of threads on HDR before, if you use the search function at the top you will find plenty of info.

These are great,.... although im sure for some they may be bordering on the 'cartoony' look that some HDR's can produce....but in this case it kinda suits the building they are captured in :thumbup:

thanks for all the nice comments.

>Ab$solut:
For the 1st one i combined 2 photos, for the 2nd one 3 photos.

>Chicagophotoshop:
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range image. And it's a composit of multiple images combined into one. Usually you take 3 pictures; Normal exposure, over exposure and under exposure. With this technic you get great detail in the shadow and highlight parts. I noticed that my untouched HDR's usually look too grayish. But once I tweak them in Photoshop the pictures start looking the way I want them.

For example, if you look at the 2nd picture. The texture on the wall to the right was not even close as contrasty and detailed in reality. HDR brought that out. I think that's why some people don't like HDR as much and consider it almost as a cheat. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I see it as an other technic in improving a photo and making it more interesting for the viewer.

I'm still learning HDR so if people have tips on how to use the technic better, I am very open for constructive critic
cool thanks for the info. I am going to give this a try.

Most reactions

Back