Urban Outfitters Should Be Ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) There was no name calling involved on my end, so I'd appreciate it if that were noted seeing as how suddenly I'm the bad guy here for having an opinion. I have no sort of "serious" response to offer to someone who comments on my thread simply to try and put me down to make themselves feel better. That's not why I posted this.

I dunno, I took those "quiet now, adults are talking, thats so cute.." replies as being name calling. Granted, it was in response to someone else acting the same, but hey, take the high road.

Isn't a rant about subpar, crappy photography in a somewhat big name store also just putting down the work to make yourself feel better? I'm not trying to be condecsending, but it looks the same to me.

2) It is my opinion, and I posted it simply to share on an open forum. Last I checked, that's exactly where these sort of posts should be made.

Just as what followed (by some) was their opinion on your rant...their opinion on your opinion. Did you just post your rant thinking no one would comment and everyone would agree? This is an open forum, thus open discussion, regardless of opinions.

3) I never disagreed with anyone that I need to go out and shoot more (not that it is anyone's business how often a photographer shoots) but I -am- mature enough to confront the comment and say you're right. Every photographer could spend more time shooting. That has absolutely nothing to do with my rant, however. At all.

Having directly to do? I agree, no. This is not about your photography skills. I think its just a standard follow up to anyone (and I've seen many in the past post similar rants as you have today about subpar pictures being displayed) that to make the photography world a better place, less complaining, more shooting.

If you are mature enough to confront the comments, then keep that maturity when dealing with the internet trolls who are more drive by posters looking to stir crap up instead of belittling them and adding fuel to the fire.

That's what really makes me laugh, is when people jump into other people's threads and post comments just because they think they're being funny and since they are hiding behind their big, bad computer, they think they can say whatever they want to people and get away with it. It seriously just makes me laugh.

I agree, internet trolling is really lame. Heading to various places and leave stupid remarks just because you are safe behind your PC. But its part of internet life. You chose how you react to these people however. Giving them ANY type of recognition is just what they want, what makes them do what they do, specially negative reactions or sarcastic reactions.

I'm not as passionate about urban outfitters but i see your discust with those photos... if they were posted on this forum and asked for c&c they would get torn apart

Really? Looking at the lack of quality CC and how some people typically reply "I like it", it would probably go over unnoticed, or even praised by a few. :mrgreen:

It seems to me that anonymity makes people act far worse than they would standing face to face with someone.

For the record... anything I say on the forum... I'd say to your face. :biggrin: I'm apart of two forums through facebook that access your facebook account, therefore displaying your real name and whatnot... and I behave the same way there as I do here... which is how I am in person. :biggrin:

Not *everyone* says what they say supposedly *only* because they're anonymous. :sexywink:

LOL Calm down.

I wasnt talking about anyone here at all. I love you guys. :hugs:

I was referring to World of Warcraft. Nobody really knows who anyone else is, until they choose to share that information at least.

Everyone has names like "Icymage" and stuff like that. Its very anonymous.

1) There was no name calling involved on my end, so I'd appreciate it if that were noted seeing as how suddenly I'm the bad guy here for having an opinion. I have no sort of "serious" response to offer to someone who comments on my thread simply to try and put me down to make themselves feel better. That's not why I posted this.

I dunno, I took those "quiet now, adults are talking, thats so cute.." replies as being name calling. Granted, it was in response to someone else acting the same, but hey, take the high road.

Isn't a rant about subpar, crappy photography in a somewhat big name store also just putting down the work to make yourself feel better? I'm not trying to be condecsending, but it looks the same to me.

2) It is my opinion, and I posted it simply to share on an open forum. Last I checked, that's exactly where these sort of posts should be made.

Just as what followed (by some) was their opinion on your rant...their opinion on your opinion. Did you just post your rant thinking no one would comment and everyone would agree? This is an open forum, thus open discussion, regardless of opinions.

3) I never disagreed with anyone that I need to go out and shoot more (not that it is anyone's business how often a photographer shoots) but I -am- mature enough to confront the comment and say you're right. Every photographer could spend more time shooting. That has absolutely nothing to do with my rant, however. At all.

Having directly to do? I agree, no. This is not about your photography skills. I think its just a standard follow up to anyone (and I've seen many in the past post similar rants as you have today about subpar pictures being displayed) that to make the photography world a better place, less complaining, more shooting.

If you are mature enough to confront the comments, then keep that maturity when dealing with the internet trolls who are more drive by posters looking to stir crap up instead of belittling them and adding fuel to the fire.

That's what really makes me laugh, is when people jump into other people's threads and post comments just because they think they're being funny and since they are hiding behind their big, bad computer, they think they can say whatever they want to people and get away with it. It seriously just makes me laugh.

I agree, internet trolling is really lame. Heading to various places and leave stupid remarks just because you are safe behind your PC. But its part of internet life. You chose how you react to these people however. Giving them ANY type of recognition is just what they want, what makes them do what they do, specially negative reactions or sarcastic reactions.

1) I am in no way putting down Urban Outfitters to try and make myself feel better. I love that store. Always have, always will. If you think that, then you missed the whole point of my rant in the first place.

2) You're right. That's exactly why I posted my opinion on an open forum. I wanted to hear other people's opinions, as well. But not when their opinions consist of trolling.

3) I guess you're right about that, as well. But I'm Irish and it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut. :p ESPECIALLY when people are pointlessly trying to be mean, to me or ANYONE else.

I've seen people say that about here too when they didn't like the C&C they got though :lol: "You guys are just being mean 'cause you're anonymous! Boohoo!" :lmao:

Na thats not what I meant.

I have found that the majority of the time the C&C people give here is very useful.

Only a very closed minded person would believe that they are perfect, and have no room for improvement.

You are right that some do overreact about it.

I dunno, I took those "quiet now, adults are talking, thats so cute.." replies as being name calling.

That's how I saw it....

There are tons of crappy photos (some of them mine probably) on the internet. Some are on large company websites... none of them asked for a C&C.

Oh Terry Richardson. Such a divisive untalented person.

Guys....

Not to be a party pooper, but wouldnt you agree this is kind of going nowhere at this point?

If you guys have so much time on your hands, C&C some photos for me lol. :thumbup:

Edit: I just put up a candid portrait of my son in people section....would love the feedback!

Last edited:
Today 24,000 children in this would will die.
Today 70,000 people of all ages will die today.
Today over 20, million animals will die as food, from abuse, as unwanted animals as well as from the natural cycle of nature.
Today there are 38 wars of all kinds going on in this world.
Today 1,871 women will be raped in the United States.
Today over 3,000 people will be diagnosed with Cancer in the United States.

Need I go on.

And you people get your panties all twisted up because some photos that some company, commonly know as a customer, choose to have shot and used in their advertising.
If this is the state of the human race at this point then global warming can't come fast enough. Mother nature needs to get rid of a few of her parasites and start over, hopefully with better results next time. :eek:ldman:
BangHead.gif
tickedoff.gif

Today over 20, million animals will die as food, from abuse, as unwanted animals as well as from the natural cycle of nature.

Need I go on.

And you people get your panties all twisted up because some photos that some company, commonly know as a customer, choose to have shot and used in their advertising.
If this is the state of the human race at this point then global warming can't come fast enough. Mother nature needs to get rid of a few of her parasites and start over, hopefully with better results next time. :eek:ldman:
BangHead.gif
tickedoff.gif

You contradicted yourself by posting in this thread. ;)

Need I go on.

If this is the state of the human race at this point then global warming can't come fast enough. Mother nature needs to get rid of a few of her parasites and start over, hopefully with better results next time.

With an attitude like that, why bother discussion anything at all? I mean, why bring up how bad my day was when I get home and have supper with my wonderful wife, knowing there is so much pain and suffering the world. My issues are no where near their issues.

I'm sure you'll also refrain from any venting about a bad driver, complaining about how long the line up is, being upset that you spilt some food in your pants or getting annoyed that you can't figure out the right setting on your camera or positioning of the light and that your shot didn't come out.

Really, seriously. With an attitude like that, I'd suggest staying out of any discussion topics so reading that people are irritated won't irrirate you. :lol:

Need I go on.

BangHead.gif
tickedoff.gif

If things are so, so bad, why are you wasting your time typing? Why aren't you busy filling up a cargo plane with relief supplies, or working for UNICEF or the Feed The Children organization?

You know, years ago, one night my mother tried to force me to finish some absolutely dreadful food she had made for dinner. She told me, as she always did, "There are starving kids in India who'd love to eat this food," and so I said to her, "Well, here, why don't you scrape this off my plate and we'll mail it to them then."

I was about nine years old at that time. That was the last time she tried to use that type of "logic" on me....your argument reminds me of hers...

Don't you think that maybe you are too worried about little things, and what other people think and do?

Its clear that this thing truly did upset you, which seems quite unnecessary to me.

Says the guy arguing on a Nikon vs Canon thread. :lol:

j/p don't take this too serious.

If you shopped at a couture fashion forward store like me (Old Navy) you wouldn't have anything to worry about, they would never pull an amateur stunt like this. :lmao:

I'm curious to know how many blog hits this has generated on the OPs blog. :lmao:

I'm curious to know how many blog hits this has generated on the OPs blog. :lmao:

I think that's what started it, she couldn't argue her point here she had to redirect us to her awesome blog. I have still yet to see her pictures that are 10x better than the UO adverts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back