Urban Outfitters Should Be Ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally looked at the pictures and you know what, I think that UO is trying for a marketing campaign and is going for this specific style. I've seen other companies do very very simple images (that anyone thinks they can do).

I think they are trying to come with a photo style that gives it a reachable feel. Typically, you walk into a store and see all these anorexic models doing these unatural poses wearing the company's cloths. When I see this, I think of fake and I find that reflects on the clothes. The more a company wants to be known as an "everyday" clothing store, the more normal and natural their images are.

Having been in UO a few times (a few too many), I can totally get that they were trying to go for an "hey look, its like my photos up there, thats so cool, I feel like I belong here, like its my home" style.

I might be off, but you never know.

And hey, the point of an ad campaign or of marketing in general is that you get people to talk about and remember what you said / did. So I think UO totally hit home with the OP of this thread and she went to the next level and blogged about it! I guess all their marketing research and what not totally paid off with the OP's reaction, and the fact that we continue to discuss it here.

And hey, the point of an ad campaign or of marketing in general is that you get people to talk about and remember what you said / did. So I think UO totally hit home with the OP of this thread and she went to the next level and blogged about it! I guess all their marketing research and what not totally paid off with the OP's reaction, and the fact that we continue to discuss it here.
:clap:

Huummmm. First post is a link to a rant the OP has online.

Nah! I'll pass. But, thanks anyway.

I'm curious to know how many blog hits this has generated on the OPs blog. :lmao:

At the least - one less than the OP had hoped for! :thumbup::lol:

Don't you think that maybe you are too worried about little things, and what other people think and do?

Its clear that this thing truly did upset you, which seems quite unnecessary to me.

Says the guy arguing on a Nikon vs Canon thread. :lol:

j/p don't take this too serious.

If you shopped at a couture fashion forward store like me (Old Navy) you wouldn't have anything to worry about, they would never pull an amateur stunt like this. :lmao:

You need to get your facts straight here.

Go read my posts in that thread again.

I was the one that was constantly trying to kill the thread, and most of the people here are well aware of this.

Did you even read the whole thread?

In countless posts I said it doesn't matter, and let’s not worry about it. As well as that they are both fine companies that make great cameras, and you cant go wrong with either.

I was not the one arguing anything.

Don't you think that maybe you are too worried about little things, and what other people think and do?

Its clear that this thing truly did upset you, which seems quite unnecessary to me.

If you shopped at a couture fashion forward store like me (Old Navy) you wouldn't have anything to worry about, they would never pull an amateur stunt like this. :lmao:

I was the one that was constantly trying to kill the thread, and most of the people here are well aware of this.

In countless posts I said it doesn't matter, and let’s not worry about it. As well as that they are both fine companies that make great cameras, and you cant go wrong with either.

I did read the whole thread.

Did you read my whole post? obviously not.

Seriously, how many times a week do we see a new member either start a thread or hijack a thread, make a purposely inflammatory statement and turn the forum on it's collective ear for pages after? The best thing you can do in these threads is simply not respond. And I am regretting this post already. And no, I did not click OP's link.

Well, I did not read the whole thread and have no intention to.

I just wanted to say that fashion is BS so why shouldn't fashion photo be too?

Get over it. And if you don't understand what I'm saying you probably don't want to get into the fashion photo business. :)

You are saying something about me that simply isn't true, it doesn't matter much if you are playing or not. I don't even know you.

This is pretty much the same type of thing as you saying "Canon sucks". You are just talking trash, and probably trying to get a rise out of people.

I am probably going to pretty much just ignore what you say from now on, as you tend to bring out the worst in me. :thumbup:

Are you guys seriously taking your argument from another thread into this one? :meh:

Are you guys seriously taking your argument from another thread into this one? :meh:

I didnt take anything anywhere.

He replied to my attempt at giving the OP advice and said: "Says the guy arguing on a Nikon vs Canon thread. :lol:"

As I already stated, I was the one trying more than anyone to squash that thread and keep the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back