Urban Waterfall

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Killing time to day while waiting for my wife, found this "man-made" feature in an urban business park. Seemed like a good opportunity to work with "Pixel Shift" and moving water. Normally any movement kills it, but if you slow down the shutter to blur the water, it doesn't seem to matter. Another learning experience. I started to clone out the little sign on the left side, but decided to see how sharp it was instead, #2 is a substantially enlarged crop of it. C&C as always, is welcome

Urban waterfall 1 small.jpg

urban waterfall 3.jpg

Last edited:
Revisited the "Pixel Shift" image in LR with B&W conversion. Not sure which one is better now?

Urban Waterfall - birmingham B&W-16.jpg

The color one is better. Nice image.

The color one is better. Nice image.

Thanks. Wish I could have cropped a little different, but streets, buildings and parking lots, got in the way.

I like them both, well done.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Thanks JC. I don't utilize "PS" as much as I should because of issues with movement and the additional work involved in processing, but when the conditions are right it does a great job.

I like the color version. I really like the photo, I love watergardens!

;)

I would love to see more of the reflection of the waterfall. Perhaps a wider angle and portrait.

I would love to see more of the reflection of the waterfall. Perhaps a wider angle and portrait.

Unfortunate reality of the business park setting is the fact that they seem to think they need ugly parking lots, streets, etc. In convenient locations for the people working there. Shot this from a parking lot, across a busy 4 lane access road.

Nice. It seems to be leaning a little to the left

Most reactions

New Topics

Back