Urgent call - urgent call - do you read me? Germany Meet-Up Group?

Daan - here's a link to a site that gives the German train times. You'll be going from Lauenbrück to Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel, so it looks like the last train out of Lauenbrück on May 30th leaves at 2301 and arrives at 0001 on May 31. Maybe Corinna can just check I've done the search correctly, as there seems to be a few versions of 'Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel' for the arrival station.

And for those arriving at Hamburg airport on the 24th and taking the train to Lauenbrück, the trains seem to leave the airport every hour at 33 past the hour*, and arrive in Lauenbrück approximately 1 hour and 21 minutes later, at a cost of 9.9 Euros. There is one train change required for the trip to Lauenbrück (it's at Hamburg's main train station). If you were to not make the connection for any reason, you'd just have to wait an hour for the next one.

*the last train leaves the airport at 2323, so it's the only one not leaving at 33 after the hour.

Once in Lauenbrück, it's a 5 minute walk to "Ole Hoop" which is on Mückentwiete Street. See map:
stationolehoopmappi7.jpg

If the picture ^^^ isn't showing for some reason, try to right click and select 'show picture'.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have space available in my car. I am driving down from Rutland to Dover, crossing on the midnight ferry and then driving through France, Belgium and Germany.
Anyone who wants a lift to the meet-up is welcome to join me if they are willing to make a contribution to costs, don't complain about my choice of music and promise not to fart in the car. :mrgreen:

Does your important news mean that Tangerini and family are NOT coming, after all??? I hope it does NOT mean THAT!!!

oh and about taking pics at the pool. you have to over-expose my skin with about 2 stops. Else it will turn out grayish instead of the natural white it really is :albino:

Hertz's announcement that he can bring three more people over from the UK in his car DOES mean that Tangerini and family are not coming to the meet-up after all :( ...

Quick! UK members! Make up your minds. Decide. Then PM Hertz and tell him you want one seat in his car! He now has three free seats!

:cry::sad anim::guilty::cry:
I am terribly sorry and upset that we can no longer make it.

Shame you cant come :(

And my flight times changed. They screwed up at the travelagency and i didnt book my tickets afterall. So i a new flight, with waaay better times:
Amsterdam - Hamburg 24th May Arrivel 10:40AM
Hamburg - Amsterdam 31st May Departure 02:50PM (14:50HR)

So im just hoping this one will get booked :)

Oooo. Goodie! I hope so, too! Sounds sooo much better with regards to your departure time!

I'am extremely sad to inform that my trip to the Meet-up is on the verge of being canceled. My sister's marriage is likely to be arranged to sometime around June (as the details and dates are yet to be finalized). For the time being please do not consider me in the list.

Corinna, sorry about that. It would have been a lot of fun meeting you guys.

And thanks to Hertz for remembering. But sure, if you are going to arrange another meet-up in Rutland, I'll try and get there.

Corinna I'll update you (if there's going to be any chance) by the end of this month.

I wish you all a exciting and memorable meet-up.

warm regards,
Ravi.

I am very sad :(.

Ferny's reply to my question in his MOTW-thread on whether he's going to come and when he thinks he'll arrive made my heart sink, for that is once more two people less, and Ravi's now probably not coming either...

I've come to the following conclusion:
- I am not going to pre-order anything at all.

No boat for just the group, so we'd get our own and private tour round Hamburg Port. While I think a boat tour round the port is a must, we can always hop on the public boats that leave by the hour...

No horse drawn carriage ride through Lüneburg Heath just for the group. Maybe, if we want to do it, there are hop-on rides...

I don't know who in the end "my group" is going to be. It is all way too unsafe and I simply don't know any numbers. Thankfully I have only so far asked for info material from the boat hirers, no more.

:(

This is developing in a way I hadn't expected.

I announced this meet-up one and a half year ago...

Anne-Marie and I are still on for this. We now have our flights back from Riyadh booked to the UK, which fortunately avoid Terminal 5. :er:

We do still have to sort accommodation and the hire car though.

I am coming for definite. I've paid for the ferry crossing and I've booked the hire car.
Anyone who wants a lift from the UK or to be picked up en route just ask (I've got a midnight crossing so I will be hurtling through Europe towards the dawn :lol: )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back