Offbeat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I hope someone here can help!

Basically I need to get the model number of the Nikkor AF 80-200 f/2.8 D ED. Cant seem to find a specific model number on the internet.

Also the model number of the D300,although, as much as id like to, im less likely to get this right now. Even though id love to!

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks Matt

what do you need a model number for?

if you're ordering online or from nikon direct, "AF nikkor 80-200/2.8D ED" is your model number. the only other number tied to the lens is a serial number.

unless you're looking for a product sku, it would depend on the place you plan to buy from.

Ahh I see. Well ive have some friends that are in hong kong at the moment and they were going to find out a price for me while they were there and they needed to have a model number. I told them that it was 'AF nikkor 80-200/2.8D ED' but they insisted on a specific model number.

I gave them that one that was on here but i dunno if it right.
http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html

okay. i was pretty misleading, sorry. because there are various makes of the 80-200/2.8, they may be asking for the serial number(s) of a batch.
in that case, you'd be after these:
700001? < 712530 - 922120 > >1997-06
1000001 < 1006144 - 1006788 > >2006 - >
those are the batches of the later version of the 80-200/2.8, which is D type and has ED elements.

It should be sufficient to say you want the MkIII. The MkII was a one touch model, and the most recent version isn't an AF D ED it's an AF-S ED which ceased manufacture ages ago in favour of the 70-200.

1000001 < 1006144 - 1006788 >Thats the one i gave them. I dont think it matters now anyway, they didnt phone me back to let me know the price and they are due back in the uk tonight. Thanks for the help though guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back