US MAP

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I might be a great idea to have a map of places and dates that you could go for to take photos. What I am talking about it like going to yellowstone madison river elk rut in october. So if you happen to be where the action is you will know...

If you are saying that you think this is something that should be integrated into TPF, I really don't think a US map would work. This forum is very diverse, and there are people from all over the world on here.

That said....refer back to Terri's post.

nice idea. An other forum I was on (cars) has a calendar with events, meetings etc. You can add your own. And on the frontpage it always has
the 3 of 4 most recent upcoming things.
We could use it to let people know where to go (I know,that list could become very long really quick) or to point out photo-contests and their deadlines.

pascal

I don't know about implementing a map. People could link to google maps or any other map site when posting a thread in the locations and meet ups forum.

We do have a calendar, but it really isn't being used for anything. Currently only mods/admins can add events (this could be changed). Right now iff someone wishes to add an event they can send me a pm and I'd be happy to add it. I can also look into improving the functionality of the calendar to make it a little more useful to people.

If you are saying that you think this is something that should be integrated into TPF, I really don't think a US map would work. This forum is very diverse, and there are people from all over the world on here.

That said....refer back to Terri's post.

we could start some where right? I remember when TPF most on-line at one time was less then 35 people and I was one. Now look at it, the map could be the light at the end but the trip it the fun part right?

Sure, why not? :) I do like the idea, it's just one of those things that calls for a little bit of studying on.

I like Twist's suggestion, for starters. If you have a specific event in mind, shoot him a PM to be added to the calendar. If there's a way to build on the functionality of it, it could become very helpful.

PS I just noticed your join date - you've been around TPF since the dawn of time, haven't you? ;)

Ok, don't mean to derail this thread, but I need to rant.

I just went to check over the Frappr map....it has changed SO much since it started, and it doesn't seem it survived all that well with the changes. Many of the members who signed up long ago aren't shown on the map (INCLUDING ME!!!) Many of the pictures that people uploaded aren't there anymore, either.

:grumpy: Frappr SUCKS!

Anyway...back to your scheduled programing.

lol Corry. I went and added myself already anyways! Do you know how I can save the map?

Place and time - Washington, DC 4th of July Parade and fireworks

I added that to the calendar. Let me know if there is any more specific info such as where you might want to meet up before the parade and/or fireworks.

I actually checked out the frapper thread the other day after I was reading this thread because I thought I remembered some kinda map. The only problem I find with that is I don't think there's a way to input events.

I just came across a google map plugin for vb called Phoogle!. I'm going to be pretty busy until next week, but I'm definately going to look into this.

From what I see on the surface it looks like it gives people the ability to embed google maps using coding similar to what you would use to post images, but instead of using a url you would enter an address. It could be pretty cool, but we'll have to wait and see.

Most reactions

Back