use of lightsphere in room?

Thanks. Yes, luckily I only shoot in raw. I thought of the walls being the problem & considered as you say correcting a auto wb shot in photoshop. I was just thinking less work I guess, but I do like the use of auto wb - sort of a safety net for me you might say. I think I'll try the test again in another room without the browns.

Some people change the WB a lot...mine is locked on Auto, 95% of the time. I shoot RAW anyway so it's easy to adjust.

Great diagrams Bifurcator...I'll have to remember this thread to link to.

Sure, NP. You can paste them into you're own messages too. It would be an honor!
:peace:​

Some people change the WB a lot...mine is locked on Auto, 95% of the time. I shoot RAW anyway so it's easy to adjust.

I'm never without a white-card so I'm always using custom - for just about every different scene.

I adjust the WB in post and I'm not really concerned with what is accurate, but what looks good to me. It's basically having the option to apply a warming or cooling filter to any shot with complete freedom.

Of course, by using an accurate custom setting, you still have that option.

For a couple studio shoots, I set a custom WB because I didn't expect the lights to change. But then I realized that I can set the WB globally on the whole set anyway...so I didn't bother to set up the custom level. I just find what looks good in post and use that for all the shots...or change some of them if I think it suits that shot.

Different strokes for different folks :)

Most reactions

Back