Use the iPhone to trigger shutter on a Canon DSLR?

Meh.

Sucks you have to tether it to connect. Too bad you can't just connect straight to the camera via something like the wireless transfer grip and too bad that grip it super expensive.

Meh.

Sucks you have to tether it to connect. Too bad you can't just connect straight to the camera via something like the wireless transfer grip and too bad that grip it super expensive.
I agree, that would be the ultimate. But then I don't think I would ever pay for the WiFi base on my cameras... just not worth the expense to me as I don't have a real need for it.

But this app will be cool since I can stand in front of the camera with it tethered to my laptop and fire shots, then see them on the screen. You can also make various adjustments to the camera via the iPhone while you're screwing around. Perhaps not all that useful (don't know yet) but worth the couple of bucks to tinker with.

Last edited:
Well a WiFi grip setup would have been neat to have at the last wedding I did. I was doing the couples and just going from table to table, then passed my CF card to the 3rd assistant who printed them out there on-site. Would have been nice to go from camera to laptop to printer as fast as I could spit out the photos... lol

Now... getting a 750 foot range out of it... *that* would be the real challenge!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back