Using a Colander...

misskv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kirstenvoss.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot light through a colander today to get these two images. It served as a nice gobo on the shoot. :)

forum_1 (1 of 1).jpg
forum_2 (1 of 1).jpg

Amazing, what something so simple can create. I think I prefer the 2nd as well

Last edited:
I love the way that the light looks like lace across her back in the second one.
Yes that works very well.
On the first though it makes her forehead look very lumpy! This may in part have been down to the image loading slowly, so I saw her forehead without the rest of her face.:aiwebs_016:

@petrochemist actually now that you mention it i see it on both images. The pattern of light/shadows creates an optical illusion giving the skin an almost alien look. I hadn't noticed it till I enlarged the image. Not sure if that was your original intent, but it turned out great

I'm liking this. Being creative pays off at times.

I dunno ... it's not for me. My initial thought on the first image was "Why do that to a lovely subject." One has to see past and through the pattern to see the subject. In the second the pattern is nice on the back, but her expression and impact in the first is better than the second.

But ... I think it is grand that you experimented. While, for me, these were not 100% successful ... there is much promise in the colander effect. I want to see more.

Love these two shots! I think this style works better for the second one. If its a direct face shot its a little distracting to the subject, but thats just my opinion

Thank you, everyone, for your critiques! I love her gaze in the first one, but I think the second one works better in showing the pattern. I will definitely need to experiment with this more in future shoots. :)

As Smoke665 said, alien effect. I like it a lot... in both shots. I had to look past the pretty model but once I got there I could appreciate the lighting and what it does. :)

I really like both these shots. The first looks like rain on a window with the lighting coming from the window. The second just makes an interesting pattern, almost like a disco ball. The first is my favorite. Great idea!

Most reactions

Back