Using a softbox light tent....?

Michael Humle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am planning on shooting objects that will lay flat, eg. knives...do you think a light tent would be benificial, or will I have as much success with the two softboxes I already have? My main light source is a 150 ws strobe with modeling lamp and a 16X16 soft box. The other is a small generic zoom flash with a Lumiquest mini softbox.
I appreciate any and all opinions and experiences...Thanks!

fmw said:
You've asked this same question several times and gotten answers.

Sorry guys...I guess I'll stop asking questions even if I am still unsure about the answers I receive....!

Everyone has told you to get a light tent. You already posted the shots and we told you they were great. What's the problem?

Digital Matt said:
Everyone has told you to get a light tent. You already posted the shots and we told you they were great. What's the problem?

Not everyone has told me to get a light tent...in any case I will stop questions all together...Thanks....

You've already gotten nice results with your current setup. If it would be easier for you to use a light tent, then get one. If you are happy with the results you have gotten, (which I think you are) then stick with that.

could everyon please calm down :)

i think it is pretty normal to as the same question again if one is very unsure .. just to get some more answers from people who did not answer before.

Maybe this could be done in the same thread though, ... so those who did already answer know, that they don not have to answer again ;)

would that be a compromise everyone can live with? :)

since you selling this stuff on ebay its not essential that you have anything fancy going on, so a tent is fine. also your current setup is fine. However, i would implement somthing different to get a little more contrast, etc.

your light quality is pretty soft and even, but your composition is a picture used to sell somthing. the farther you get from blunt shadow free photography the closer you get to misrepresenting the item. also though you get closer to nice pretty commercial work.

---so it depends on what you want---

Most reactions

Back