using an old opus light with a new camera

JenniferReichow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an old opus mono light, want to use it with a new Canon Rebel t6i which only has the USB ports where the mono light has a sync cord that uses a jack to PC for the older model cameras. Is there a way to still use the flash on the opus? I'd have to buy some kind of trigger I expect, is there a trigger that will fit on the light itself rather than on the hot shoe as I'd still like to use my speedlight. Or is there a sync cable I am not finding online?

You're in luck... first, the light [almost certainly] has a built-in optical slave, so you can use the pop-up flash on your camera to trigger the moonlight (and provide a little fill at the same time if desired. Second, you can get a pass-through PC adaptor like this one which will provide PC capability via the hot-shoe as well as allowing you to use your speedlight, and third (and best) you can get a pass-through style trigger like these cheap & cheerful Yongnuo models which work decently.

You're in luck... first, the light [almost certainly] has a built-in optical slave, so you can use the pop-up flash on your camera to trigger the moonlight (and provide a little fill at the same time if desired. Second, you can get a pass-through PC adaptor like this one which will provide PC capability via the hot-shoe as well as allowing you to use your speedlight, and third (and best) you can get a pass-through style trigger like these cheap & cheerful Yongnuo models which work decently.

This is awesome info!! thanks so very very much!

Most reactions

Back