Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I have been loaned an old flsh which was used about 30 years ago for wedding photography, It's a Toshiba QCC8 (pics below)
I have a bracket to mount it next to and a little above the camera, or I can hand hold it. I have a trigger which appears to work with the on-camera flash.

Question: I am going tomorrow evening to a "roundhouse" where lots of steam engines and old diesel locomotives are stored. I am going about 6.30 - 7pm, so the light will be fading, and some of it will be indoors. not sure of the lighting situation, other than this will be a BIG building...How would I use this flash to my advantage (if at all?). I could lay it down, too, somewhere away from the camera, but not sure on how good the trigger is at picking up the on-camera flash from a distance...I could have about 2m of cable from the trigger to the flash gun.

Here's the pics...

4805593468_33d088b8c1.jpg
4804969561_89ca4edd64.jpg
4805596482_0c205406a2.jpg

Got to be Barrow Hill roundhouse ? we goevery year for the Rail Ale Festival, i would not use it on any of my canons not sure what the voltage is but you could damage your camera, take a tripod and do some long exposures

Got to be Barrow Hill roundhouse ? we goevery year for the Rail Ale Festival, i would not use it on any of my canons not sure what the voltage is but you could damage your camera, take a tripod and do some long exposures

The flsh will not be connected to the camera at all...I have the flash connected to a micro-trigger which is set off by the on-camera flash. No frying electronics here :lol:

Yes, It is Barrow Hill - my cousin has a Traction Engine there what I am going to photograph. If the guy with the keys hasn't gone home, I may get a chance at some of the engines in the roundhouse. Fingers crossed...need something good for a club competition with the theme "Steam" which is Wednesday.

Cheers

The flsh will not be connected to the camera at all...I have the flash connected to a micro-trigger which is set off by the on-camera flash. No frying electronics here :lol:

Yes, It is Barrow Hill - my cousin has a Traction Engine there what I am going to photograph. If the guy with the keys hasn't gone home, I may get a chance at some of the engines in the roundhouse. Fingers crossed...need something good for a club competition with the theme "Steam" which is Wednesday.

Cheers

I think the chap with the keys will be Mervin comes in my local about 3 miles from the round house, i have just bought a set of these for my studio flashes and 580ex Seculine TwinLink Flash Trigger work fantastic every time, i might have a word with Mervin see if i can go down 1 night with my studio flashes

Cheers

I think the chap with the keys will be Mervin comes in my local about 3 miles from the round house, i have just bought a set of these for my studio flashes and 580ex Seculine TwinLink Flash Trigger work fantastic every time, i might have a word with Mervin see if i can go down 1 night with my studio flashes

Well, it would be nice if mervyn is around later on tomorrow, but if not, I can still get some shots of my cousin's Traction Engine. Should be some nice shots to be had of that, anyway.

If I don't get in tomorrow, i'd love to go down there sometime - some great engines in there.

Cheers

Well, it would be nice if mervyn is around later on tomorrow, but if not, I can still get some shots of my cousin's Traction Engine. Should be some nice shots to be had of that, anyway.

If I don't get in tomorrow, i'd love to go down there sometime - some great engines in there.

Pete Waterman used to have an engine down there, not sure if it is still there

Pete Waterman used to have an engine down there, not sure if it is still there

I don't know...I was told there was the Flying Scotsman, The Black Prince (?) and the Blue peter, amongst others. I saw someones photos on Flickr earlier and they'd got the Sir Nigel gresley in, and a few others like it. Love to see those.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back