Using flash

Lord_Angelus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lord-angelus.deviantart.com
Want to ask. What is the speed and mood to put when shooting dancing or Fashion runway with flash?

when I shoot dancing or fashion runway with flash, my photo look kind of fake. There is no 3D in there

Most fashion photographers I know who do runway use 70-200 f2.8 lenses or occasionally a 200-400 if it's a big event. If you are shooting with a compact camera in this environment you are going to struggle to get professional results.

Ideally you want to freeze all motion, which means an exposure preferably faster than 1/500th. This is not achieveable with a compact with on-board flash. Ideally you want a BFO flash with a diffuser and a very fast tele-zoom lens.

If you post an example of your work and the settings/equipment used to get the shot, then we can be more specific in advising how to improve results.

Rob

IMG_2777.jpg

using Flash

I haven't done any runway photography, but I'm guess that it would be tough. Unless you have a lot of pull, you probably can't set up your own lighting. Being left with only a flash and the distance involved, the light is going to be rather flat.
That said, it looks like you are getting some side light and some defining shadows. Considering your situation, I can't see anything obvious that I would recommend changing (other than the other model's head being chopped off). You might try boosting contrast a touch to see if that helps it pop more.

I think pulling about -20 red and adding +10 green in PS would help. It will give you a cleaner white.

Most reactions

Back