Using quotes

Actinia

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using TPF for some time, and have managed to quote other's text in my own messages. However, I notice that, in most such quotes in other poster's messages, there is a header to the quote that indicated who made the original. I cannot see how to make this happen myself. I have to add the origin myself.

I have been using TPF for some time, and have managed to quote other's text in my own messages. However, I notice that, in most such quotes in other poster's messages, there is a header to the quote that indicated who made the original. I cannot see how to make this happen myself. I have to add the origin myself.

I just hit the "REPLY" button and the post is quoted automatically, including the poster's name. If I want to quote more than one post (each with the appropriate poster), I click on "+QUOTE" in each original, then "INSERT QUOTES."

I just hit the "REPLY" button and the post is quoted automatically, including the poster's name. If I want to quote more than one post (each with the appropriate poster), I click on "+QUOTE" in each original, then "INSERT QUOTES."

Thanks. I hope that I have just demonstrated that I can now do it.

Thanks. I hope that I have just demonstrated that I can now do it.

Yes - that's it.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back