Using the band aid

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Cuervo79, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

I recently bought Photoshop CS upgrade (from 5.5) so to me the band aid is quite new, For some reason my scaning software's dust & scratch removal only works in color scans not in B&W so I keep getting all these dust, a hair here and there. I tried using the band aid but I can't get the target size smaller (or is it just visual?) the target size is the one you select by pressing alt then clicking on the mouse. the thing is that for some stuff it simply isn't working, I am scaning my 35mm negatives at 720dpi (its for wallpaper use) or should I scann them at 2400?

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Change your brush size. You can use [ and ] on the keyboard to change your size up and down.

If you are only planning to use your photos as wallpaper, then 72 dpi is fine for scanning. You'll only see more dust if you scan at 2400 dpi.

3. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

ok if you scan at 72 how do you make the photo 1152 x 864? do I adjust it in the image size? wouldn't that distort it?

no regarding the brush size I can do that normaly, but you mean the target from were the band aid is getting the data or the actual cursor you "paint" with

4. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

For Instance....
    To remove a Zit from an otherwise perfect complexion:
    Select the bandaid tool.
    Place the brush over the Zit.
    Using the "[" (to decrease the brush size) or the "]" (to increase the brush size),
    re-size the brush until it just covers the Zit.
    With the proper brush size adjusted, move the brush to an area of similar tones that surround the zit.
    Hold down the Alt key. Left click the mouse and release. Then release the Alt Key.
    Now, brush away the Zit

5. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    To change the image size, go to image/image size, check resample image, bicubic, and change your dimenions. Keep constrain proportions checked and change one dimension.

As Canon said, you sample from a clean area, and paint over the area you want to get rid of. With the healing brush, it doesn't have to match in tone and density. That's the beauty of that tool. It matches and blends for you, and is pretty accurate, probably 80%+ of the time. When it's not working, use the clone tool and blend yourself.

When do use either tool, don't work on your original layer. Always duplicate it (ctrl-j) and work on a copy. That way you can always fade the opacity, which lets a little bit of the original texture back in, and in portraits, really helps make it more real, and less overdone. Also, if you screw up really bad, you can delete the layer and start over, or put a mask on it and mask off the section you screwed up.

6. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

I know how to use it.. looks like its better if I scan at a higher resolution... helps allot more... thanx anyways guys...