Using this flash..

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so a family member was cleaning out their closet and found a quantaray QA 25 flash. I have the D90, and for the life of me, I cant figure out how to get it to fire. I put it on the hotshoe and the ready light comes on, but every time I put the flash on, the on-camera flash pops up and that one fires. I cant figure out how to see if the thing works..any ideas? I have to be doing something wrong, or just am not doing something I should be. I looked in the D90 manual, and I cant find anything.

Mark

And can I say...WOW! 600 posts!!!!

I'd be leery about throwing any old flash on my camera, could be that it's not compatible. Since Quantaray is a rebadged 'something' for Ritz Camera it might be best to try and find who actually makes it.

Last edited:
Any idea how to tell if it is? I guess not working would mean that its not? Ive never used an external flash before, so Ihave to be doing this wrong id reckon.

Mark

I tried a quick Google search to see if I could find out who made the flash, would be the easiest way to find out more info - but I came up empty.

I did see a photo with a sync cord on it, but no other info.

I googled too, and also came up empty. Thats why I posted here. I dont know what else to do.

Mark

Just saw a post in another forum thread that says the Quantaray QA 25 has a trigger voltage of 250 volts and might not be safe to use on modern cameras. Hope you didn't fry your hot shoe.

Most reactions

Back