Using TWO wide angle converters at the same time?

nitsan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I need your advice.

I tried to google this but could not find anything.

After using my friend's wide angle converter yesterday (Backstage at the O2 arena at a Miley Cyrus show! Woop! :D) I want to buy one for my HV30 and probably my 40D too.
(The widest I have for my 40D is 17mm and I recently used a 10mm which makes a beautifully huge difference)

His adapter was something like this:
43mm 0.45x WIDE Angle lens+ Macro Conversion LENS 43mm on eBay (end time 18-Dec-09 06:34:41 GMT)

MY QUESTION IS:
Can I use two of these together ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER??? (In order to go even wider)

So obviously the second one would have to be bigger.
it would go like this:
43mm filter thread on my HV30 TO 43mm thread on back of wide angle converter.
(So far so good)
THEN,
USING A FILTER STEP UP RING, connect the 62mm thread on front of the FIRST wide angle converter to the 67mm thread on the back of the SECOND wide angle converter.

(Using a 67mm wide angle converter with a step up ring instead of a 62mm wide angle adapter that will fit without a ring because then I can also use this second 67mm adapter on my 40D)

I hope I have explained everything clearly enough.

Anyone have any experience using this kind of setup?
comments/ideas?
Do you think it will be able to focus?
I'm not too worried if I get a fish eye effect when using both converters but obviously a bad vignette would look unprofessional.

Also, any notes on the quality of these converters with a DSLR?

Thanks and check out my website www.nitsan.info

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No, and as for the quality w/ even one, just save up and purchase a real wide angle, instead of doing a disservice to your subjects with a converter.

That wide adapter is a POS.. I wanted to try one myself just for the fun of it so I bought one. I used it once and never used it again. it might be fine for a cam but not a camera. I ended up getting a Sigma 15mm 2.8 fish eye. on a nikon body it will give you a 120 degree view (180 degrees on a FX or film body) It's a nice sharp lens and I think you can pickup a used one for under $400

Most reactions

Back