UV filters--Good or bad?

UV filters are largely a waste of space. There are only a few situations in which they actually work and even then you have to know what you are looking for to see any difference.
People put them on to 'protect the lens' but as long as you take reasonable care (about the same amount of care you take crossing the road) then you shouldn't damage the lens anyway.
UV filters are just one more layer of glass to keep clean and increase the chances of lens flare - flare being far more noticeable than the effect of having a UV filter on.
You would be wiser using the right lens hood and keeping hold of the lens cap.

Does UV filter can eliminate haze when shooting landscape? & if not, which filter can do that??

emo said:
Does UV filter can eliminate haze when shooting landscape? & if not, which filter can do that??

That's what it's designed to do, they also call them haze and skylight filters which gives another clue to the puzzle.

IMO they make very little difference. This is based on having spent a fortune on a couple for my Nikon primes in order to protect them. In the end, I took them off and threw them in the bucket of stuff I don't use. They really don't help picture wise.

Rob

its like praying may not make a difference but it can't hurt none. On the other hand if you smacked the front of your lens would you rather replace a lens costing hundreds of dollars or a $12 filter? They mainly protect the front of the lens but they do have a coating on them to filter out some UV haze.

Most reactions

Back