UV Filters

they are mainly used to protect your lens from getting dirty/scratched/damaged, but they also reduce glare a bit.

I don't have any, but i've been researching filters lately :)

Yeah, basically UV and skylights are to protect your lense, but they have a small use afterwards.. i have a UV on all of my lenses

PreludeX said:
Yeah, basically UV and skylights are to protect your lense, but they have a small use afterwards.. i have a UV on all of my lenses

Yep UV's are a great way of protected your lenses. Inexpensive for the duty and cut haze down abit too. I have em on all of my lens too. Some can be areal pain if your trying to track some down for older cameras like TLR's. and folding range finders.

PreludeX said:

I heard that using UV lenses can decrese quality. Is this true?

If you put a cheap piece of glass in front of your expensive glass, you're going to lose quality. Lens flare is also a problem when you add more glass.

I recommend using the lens hood for protection or at least take off the UV filter before shooting.

Most reactions

Back