Vacant Midwest Farm

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I heard about this great old vacant farm from a friend recently, and had a chance to stop by and photograph it. The mid day sun, sky, and bright grass all seemed to play nicely together. C&C always welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking! :)

1. Wasnt sure about the wide angle. I may play with the perspective on this one yet.
IMG_6176_web_sig.jpg

IMG_6190_web_sig.jpg

IMG_6206_web_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

NJ

great shots
the first is the best
are thay HDR ?

Nice shots...totally Midwest.

errr...are you sure this is vacant? The grass is cut and it looks like they have a nice little garden planted.

Nice shots. I had the same reaction as MarcusM about it being vacant. Maybe they just went to Vegas for the weekend?

great shots
the first is the best
are thay HDR ?

Thanks, yes it is. :)

Nice shots...totally Midwest.

errr...are you sure this is vacant? The grass is cut and it looks like they have a nice little garden planted.

Thanks Marcus. By vacant, I mean no one lives on the property. However, the owner lives just down the road and tends the property regularly. ;)

Nice shots. I had the same reaction as MarcusM about it being vacant. Maybe they just went to Vegas for the weekend?

Thanks much.

Sheesh, I like your work!

I learn more from just staring at three of your shots than,... well, I learn a lot. Thanks for sharing.

NJ,

I like the first image the most and think it has a nice "country" feel to it. I don't think the composition is to far off for what the subject is. The colors of the grass, barn and sky look great.

I think the image would capture my attention more if there was some miscellaneous farm equipment laying about, some fall colors in the trees or some snow on the ground. If I were you I'd probably poke around here when the seasons change to see what I could come up with (if you live close enough). It's like the image almost looks to clean.

In the third shot, I like the way the light is shining on the roof of the barn but I find that pickup truck peeking over the top of the bushes a bit distracting.

I'm really drawn to the weathered paint and wood. Just an idea, but what about getting in there nice and tight a making a couple images around the doors, windows and the contrast between the rock foundation and the red wood.

Thanks for sharing and as always, I enjoy seeing your work.:D

Sheesh, I like your work!

I learn more from just staring at three of your shots than,... well, I learn a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks abraxas! That means a lot, thank you.

NJ,

I like the first image the most and think it has a nice "country" feel to it. I don't think the composition is to far off for what the subject is. The colors of the grass, barn and sky look great.

I think the image would capture my attention more if there was some miscellaneous farm equipment laying about, some fall colors in the trees or some snow on the ground. If I were you I'd probably poke around here when the seasons change to see what I could come up with (if you live close enough). It's like the image almost looks to clean.

In the third shot, I like the way the light is shining on the roof of the barn but I find that pickup truck peeking over the top of the bushes a bit distracting.

I'm really drawn to the weathered paint and wood. Just an idea, but what about getting in there nice and tight a making a couple images around the doors, windows and the contrast between the rock foundation and the red wood.

Thanks for sharing and as always, I enjoy seeing your work.:D

Thanks for the detailed and well-thought out response! Good tips, and thanks so much for the nice words. :)

Nice mix of primary colors...red, blue, green.

The bright saturated colors, along with the HDR, really give these photo some BAM! They kind of slap the viewer in the face. Maybe it's too much...but maybe it's just different.

Nice work though. :)

I really like the first one, awesome color.

Thanks schumion!

Nice mix of primary colors...red, blue, green.

The bright saturated colors, along with the HDR, really give these photo some BAM! They kind of slap the viewer in the face. Maybe it's too much...but maybe it's just different.

Nice work though. :)

Hey thanks Mike for stopping by and commenting. "slap the viewer in the face"...LOL, I've never heard that one before. But that sounds good to me, because it tells me that I made some kind of impact. ;)

I have always been a big fan of vibrant color, so I hope these deliver. Thanks again for the kind words!

-------------

Last edited:
Yeah, these are good too! Thanks for linking me up!

Are they indeed HDR? I thought they looked a little suspect but more of an exposure blend feeling or even a selection edit from a single exposure.

Anyway, this along with part 2 make a great set! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT:
Just read above that they are HDR. :D You did a great job!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back