vacation plans - ideas?

new york city.

new york city.

so you think july would be a good month for NYC? Hmmm... I had the NYC plan earlier this year as you know and then gave up since time was kimited on my last trip.

so you think july would be a good month for NYC? Hmmm... I had the NYC plan earlier this year as you know and then gave up since time was kimited on my last trip.

NYC can be a bit ehm...warm...during July.
3.gif

But then again, it's always a great place to be (but I'm always promoting this city, so I'm a bit biased)

pascal

Come to Oklahoma! Its nice and boring, and hot, and humid...and you can go exploring in the SE part of the state and find some seriously backwoods rednecks. :) Fun Fun Fun!!!

id never recommend july as a time to visit nyc.... even if i recommended it earlier in this thread.

nyc in july is hot. and humid. and sticky. and hot.

id never recommend july as a time to visit nyc.... even if i recommended it earlier in this thread.

nyc in july is hot. and humid. and sticky. and hot.

hmmm nyc sounds a lot like my pants

How about the Baltics? They're dirt cheap and people there speak English or German as well as Russian and Lithuanian/Latvian/Estonian. I took a ferry from Kiel to Klaipeda a few years back and had a ball.

I actually thought about Lithuania and Estland and all that. Just afraid it is all crowded by Germany in July ;)

I actually thought about Lithuania and Estland and all that. Just afraid it is all crowded by Germany in July ;)

I stayed in the hotel Astra in Klaipeda - which was really nice. Sure - most of the fittings and sockets were only vaguely attached to the wall but it wasn't unexpected.

The food was pretty good as was the beer. If you take the ferry to the isle of Neringa (the hotel was just beside the ferry, close to a couple of bars and the amber market) then you're on a really enchanting island. There are busses that go up and down the island and the further down you go the more enchanting the place becomes.

I was there in July 2003 and it was not that crowded. Go further down and it's not at all crowded. A pair of binoculars is a must by the nudist beach :p

Most reactions

Back