Vacation to New York photos

CoRNDoG R6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of shot's i took in New york while on vacation last week. I know i missed focus on some of them, ok, maybe all of them for all i know! :D But if you can critique or commment, i would appreciate it. I also know i have to straighten some out, which i will do before printing.

They only PP i did was adjust levels and either desaturate the color or boost them. Any other advice would be much appreciated. Other than that, Enjoy! :headbang:
IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

Oh yeah, all of them were shot with the kit 18-50mm len's ;-)

i like them all but 6-10 i like 7 though.

the ones i dont like were boring or out of focus and bad white balance

I see a lot of amazing shots here....Excellent series.. wow.

i like them all but 6-10 i like 7 though.

the ones i dont like were boring or out of focus and bad white balance

No Shake Shack (#9)!?!?! C'mon! :playball: :lol: J/k That one is one of my favorite ones though. Even though you cant tell by the overall color of it, It was freezing that nite...yet we were sippin on milk shakes! I want to give it a more white/blue hue to it to portray the weather that nite.

What is it about the levels on the black and whites that you dont like? If you can edit some of them so i could see what your talking about, i would really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

I know #8 is kinda out of focus, but i liked the way it came out. Kinda surreal! Wish it could of been sharp though!

thanks for the replies!

i like number six. did you zoom out or in?

There all pretty nice, but also pretty generic nyc photos. gotta look for that new perspective!!!!

1 Typical NYC shot. I would of preferred to see less of the water and background on the other side of the river and more of the city. Maybe slightly aiming downwards would help?

2 The tilt is too much for me and I believe the focus is off as well

3 Not enough building lights to make the shot interesting I see more dark than anything else

4 This is a nice shot. I love the mix of colours and the detail. Doesnt seem sharp in the back / too shallow DOF? I love the building up front with the vertical lines. Would of loved a bit more of that one in the frame

6 Nice job on the zoom pan

7 I see you were going for streaks, but everything else inthe frame doesnt help the image. Too much foreground street, the people on the right hand side are distracting, and not enough streaks

8 Way too over exposed for me. The branches sticking out on the sides arent pleasing and the whole shot seems out of focus

9 Nice shot, would of liked more of the sign in the image so we can see the full name. It adds to the storytelling of the image

i like number six. did you zoom out or in?
I had it on a slow shutter speed zoomed in, and as soon as the picture started to record, i zoomed out to create this one.

Thanks for all the replies and comments. Ill definetly keep an eye out for all this stuff as i continue to learn :study:, but i must say, im pretty impressed with what the kit lens (18-55mm) can do! :hail:

Now i cant wait to get my first L series lens...im saving all my pennies!:clap:

There all pretty nice, but also pretty generic nyc photos. gotta look for that new perspective!!!!
First time in NYC, so it was all new to me! Next time i'll visit those grungy parts of town. :lol:

"Shake Shack" came out nice, you apparently chose an aperture small enough to turn all the lights into little stars, and yet you did not get camera shake (tripod on you?).

I also like the light of The Blue Hour in the photo underneath Shake Shack (which would be #10). Was it early morning Blue Hour or evening Blue Hour. Anyway, I'm a sucker for that time of the day. Love it when the "warm colours" suddenly disappear from the light (though the Blue Hour wreaks havoc with my eyesight when I'm driving...).

If you personally like the photo of the building at Madison Square (#8) so much, ok, but I doubt I myself would have presented that one to a group of viewers... It only looks technically flawed. Not artistic. Not to me, that's for sure.

And yes, they may be "pretty generic", but what is someone going to do if it is the first time in NYC and they only have - say - 3 days of time? OF COURSE, you'd then FIRST explore all the known places! "New perspectives" is for those who have TIME on their hands, and have seen all the known places already, I think.

Thanks for all the replies and comments. Ill definetly keep an eye out for all this stuff as i continue to learn :study:, but i must say, im pretty impressed with what the kit lens (18-55mm) can do! :hail:

Now i cant wait to get my first L series lens...im saving all my pennies!:clap:

yes , i know that slow shutter speed can get some special photo, it gives me a good feeling. i like this photo so much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back