Valentine's Day!!!

Calliope said:
Well JM has been in the bed all day yesterday and today throwing up so.... there goes Valentine's Day for us. I'll just have to make him a special dinner another night when he can actually eat it! :er:
hope he gets better. :)

I don't think the Girl will read this, so I'm probably safe. I'm not big into Valentine's Day (and thankfully neither is she). Her issue is that if you're with someone, you should know everyday that they are happy to be with you and not require a "special" day to be set aside. Now, as I said, I'm not much of Valentine's Day person or mushy or romantic, but I think it's nice to have one day a year where society obligates folks like me and Erik to have to do something. It sort of breaks the monotony of a relationship; it reminds you of how much you have taken your other for granted for the past 364 days. It's a day of reflection on how grateful you are to have someone to share your life with.

On the other hand, when your single--or worse the first Valentine's Days after that awful break up AND your STILL single--it's a great time to contemplate suicide or homicide...I'm not advocating, just saying....

Anyway, back to the Girl. I don't like giving flowers, because nothing screams "I love you" more than something that is going to wilt and die in a few days (maybe I'm reading too much into the metephor, but think about it). So, I decided to go with something that she really likes--food. I ordered some brownies from Fairytale Brownies.

I don't have a girlfriend. And I hope the girl that I'm "dating" doesn't expect anything. Or make me feel bad, by getting me anything.

Normally I would do something sweet and romantic, but no-one special enough lately.

ShutteredEye said:
Ghiardelli chocolate, cooking dinner, and an iPod mini w/ laser inscription; "Your love is the music in my life!"

Awwww!!! One of the sweetest things Erik has done for me (even though I basically told him too, so it wasn't his original idea) was for my birthday, he cooked me breakfast in bed (he NEVER cooks, claims he doesn't know how)...he woke me up with a kiss, and then handed me a plate of french toast. :)

i made my wife a card and wrote a cheesy poem to go inside, and i am going to make her a steak dinner tonight. i will probably try to pick up some flowers on my way home... we agreed not to exchange gifts... too many commercial holidays, not enough $$$.

calliope, i hope JM feels better soon...

JTHphoto said:
i made my wife a card and wrote a cheesy poem to go inside, and i am going to make her a steak dinner tonight. i will probably try to pick up some flowers on my way home... we agreed not to exchange gifts... too many commercial holidays, not enough $$$.

calliope, i hope JM feels better soon...
:lovey: *sigh* Did I mention I'm a hopeless romantic? She'll love that! (I know I would!) Ya NEED some mild cheese on valentine's day!

I have a friend who calls this "National Single Awareness Day" :mrgreen:

We did get the boys some mugs and special Hershey's hot chocolate. Tomorrow is their Valenties Day party at school and we are making 24 Chocolate Mice. We'll take some pictures when they are done, it's very cute!

Like Aubrey said, we don't celebrate by exchanging gifts. The fact that he makes dinner everynight and changes Evelyn's diaper at 2am works for me ;)

Oy I forgot how much I dislike this holiday. I, too, refer to it as Singles Awareness Day...it's so true. lol.
But hey, I've got something resembling a date tomorrow with the most beautiful girl I've ever met, so I'm not totally down in the dumps this year! Besides, I've got my dog to hold...lol

Verbal said:
Oy I forgot how much I dislike this holiday. I, too, refer to it as Singles Awareness Day...it's so true. lol.
But hey, I've got something resembling a date tomorrow with the most beautiful girl I've ever met, so I'm not totally down in the dumps this year! Besides, I've got my dog to hold...lol

Whatever gets you through those dark, cold, lonely nights, dude. Just DO NOT POST THOSE PICTURES ON THIS FORUM. It's a family friendly place :lmao:

jocose said:
Whatever gets you through those dark, cold, lonely nights, dude. Just DO NOT POST THOSE PICTURES ON THIS FORUM. It's a family friendly place :lmao:

:er:
lol

I might just take pictures of Rose tomorrow night though... ;) Y'all need to see her. And hopefully I'll be seeing more of her. lol.

We're like Alison and Aubrey and don't abide by Hallmark's schedule. I did buy him a card but it wasn't a Valentines card and I do that frequently anyways. I also get his stuff together for work, make him coffee and leave little post it love notes in his wallet for him to find at lunch. Well and the occassional naughty photo saved to his cell phone camera gallery. :oops: He is supportive of everything I do, cleans the kitchen, cooks many nights, delivers hugs and kisses and stops to scratch my back (something I LOVE) frequently. We've both waited a long time for happiness to creep into our lives and we enjoy it fully every day. Not just on the day that Hallmark sets aside for us. There will be no gifts, flowers, candy, etc... Tonight there will be only a nice quiet evening for the two of us - a regular date night making spagetti dinner and garlic bread together and sharing a bottle of our favorite merlot before hitting the hay. :lovey:

I got my husband a beautiful glass/mirror teacher plaque ( he is a music director) and a card, havent goten anything yet...he isnt home from school yet.

728.gif

photogoddess said:
We're like Alison and Aubrey and don't abide by Hallmark's schedule. I did buy him a card but it wasn't a Valentines card and I do that frequently anyways. I also get his stuff together for work, make him coffee and leave little post it love notes in his wallet for him to find at lunch. Well and the occassional naughty photo saved to his cell phone camera gallery. :oops: He is supportive of everything I do, cleans the kitchen, cooks many nights, delivers hugs and kisses and stops to scratch my back (something I LOVE) frequently. We've both waited a long time for happiness to creep into our lives and we enjoy it fully every day. Not just on the day that Hallmark sets aside for us. There will be no gifts, flowers, candy, etc... Tonight there will be only a nice quiet evening for the two of us - a regular date night making spagetti dinner and garlic bread together and sharing a bottle of our favorite merlot before hitting the hay. :lovey:
Sounds awesome, Tammy! :thumbup:

I think tonight we're heading to the gym... :lol: We sent gushy emails earlier about being each other's Valentine, and it stops right there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back