Valentine's Plans

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright, what are you all doing.

I'll be cooking an elaborate meal and breaking out a bottle or two from the cellar.

since both of us work on vday we went out to eat last weekend. i also got her some roses in a vase and a necklace with 2 hearts on it. on one of the hearts it has her name and her birthstone and on the other heart is my name and my birthstone.

Leaving for a weekend in Nashville TN. (I have a quick gig to shoot Friday, but we are going to make it a weekend.)

This is mine and my first vday together, previously we have always been in different countries, but we dont have anything special planned, just an ordinary day for us.... (he was going to bake me a cake though,

Sacrificing something:mrgreen:

well she's working (bar :( ) I ordered flowers to be sent to the bar...hopefully they will be slow and we can meet up after :)

My wife asks for one thing and only one thing each and every year, a heart shaped box of chocolates, she is even willing to show me the shape with her arms as she says it lol. There is a huge Jewelery sale on this store we have purchased things at before up to %80 off so I think I will take her and see if she likes anything and we may not even go tomorrow, it is on until the end of the month, I have been planning to take her anyway even if it was not Valentines Day. It has never been a big deal for us, you should love your partner or spouse everyday and not need a day to show it. If I want to do something Romantic it is always a spur of the moment thing, this would be to much like planning for me lol.

He sent me "Happy 13th of February" flowers today...to surprise me. We're going to make dinner together tomorrow, drink too much wine and have an MST3K marathon.

I've never been a big Valentine's Day person...but whatever...it's fun :)

You mean Singles' Awareness Day? Drinking myself blind and making preparations for a nasty hangover on Friday.

I refuse to participate......going on about 20 years now.

I don't celebrate Hallmark day. :D

I know Valentine's day in the US has a big cultural Hallmark bull**** thing associated with it, but at least it traces back to a pagan Roman holiday. In modern times I think it's both classic and cliche. I don't think there's any harm either way in how you side.

If you want to boycott a real Hallmark holiday, do some homework on the most brilliant American propaganda architect in history...Edward Bernays. Back in the day he was working as an independent PR/marketing consultant and was contracted by Hallmark to devise a way of rejuvenating their sales. So he invented Mother's Day and Father's Day. They're not quite as easy to boycott.

We don't really do anything either. I usually bake something and make a card for hubby. It's a low key day.

You mean Singles' Awareness Day? Drinking myself blind and making preparations for a nasty hangover on Friday.

yep yep I think that's my plan as well. Go for a ride, cook myself dinner and drink the merry night away with my roommates. It should be a great night!

I'm starting to think you and I would get along well! :lol:

You need to live closer so we can have a friend to prepare for nasty hangover day with. :p

(Ok, so maybe I don't drink much....but still....)

I have yet to have a decent Valentine's Day.

Most reactions

Back