Valley Forge National Park

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went out for a walk with my dog today, brought my camera and got some shots.

Let me know what you think of these, i have some others but I ran out of space on my Flickr

4395351291_707ed02e50_b.jpg

4396119628_ffdc4fef5f_b.jpg

4396119826_7da7efc184_b.jpg

Cool I live like 10 minutes away from there! I am going to get up there this spring to take some pictures, its awesome there.

Sometimes Vignette's work, sometimes they don't. I'm not a fan of #2 but #1 is great IMO.

I LOVE the colors in #3!

Yeah the vignette in 2 is kinda bleh i think so good point, and yeah @darkhunter, valley forge is great all year round, but especially spring :)

I like the subject in #2 the best but I prolly would have gone a different route on the PP, I think there is some good potential there just waiting to be brought out.

here's an edit to number 2

2a9uq82.jpg

I think its an improvement for sure but not quite there, the colors seem to be washed out and kind of bland, which leads me to think that it might work pretty well as a BW shot. I would try converting to BW and playing with the contrast a little to make the river really pop against the snowy banks and gray sky.

I recently spent a day hiking after the last big snowstorm we had and was having the same problem since there is so little color to be captured with that type of landscape and sky. I got a lot of the ones I thought were junk to work pretty well by doing what I stated above.

Just my .02, most important thing is you get something that you are happy with.

I dont know if this will help, but here is an example of what I was trying to explain:

Here is the first shot that I took, directly as it came off the camera:

800564092_XzDRv-XL.jpg

Nothing in this shot did it for me, it seemed bland, and the few colors colors that were there seemed flat and boring to me.

I liked the subject so I figured I would play with it a little. I converted to BW and adjusted some of the tones, contrast, etc. and ended up with an image that I really liked:

787533086_7gAEg-XL.jpg

I'm not saying that its the only way to do it, everyone enjoys different things and has their own style when it comes to photography, and if its not for you then its not for you, but figured it couldn't hurt to throw those up there.

Most reactions

Back