Valley Inn

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some shots from the last week at this cool place...

1 Short-billed Dowicher
DSC_2303w.jpg

2 Least Sandpiper
DSC_1838w.jpg

3 Cormorant
DSC_2910w.jpg

4 Black Crowned Night Heron
DSC_2845w.jpg

5 Mallards
DSC_2472w2.jpg

6 Green Heron
DSC_3118w-1.jpg

Lots more in here...

http://www.pbase.com/raymondjbarlow/recent_photos

best to all!

There was a time where I'd have ripped off my right arm to see those first two in the UK as windblown migrants. Fortunately, we now have Ray to show us more detail than I'd have ever seen chasing such beauty up and down some desolate stretch of Autumnal coastline. #1 is a favourite for me.

#5 Is amazing!

I just shake my head in wonder at the shots you're able to capture. Wow! All of them are beautiful and so detailed. Great shot of the cormorant...they're so skittish I can't get anywhere near them to get a picture. The flying ducks is an amazing shot, and I always love to see herons.

Do you ever use a blind when you're shooting?

Raymond, those shots are amazing. You know they are. It's not just the quality of the shot, it's also the waiting and wading to consider. Can't just sit with your picnic basket and wait for them to appear. Very nice!!! SYKES3

thanks everyone.. Yes, I do use a blind sometimes Anti, but not recently., and yes SYKES3, these are not easy to come by., it takes a lot of local knowledge to be in the right place, at the right time, and be ready., I do spend a lot of time at this hobby, and as things go, you get out of it what you put into it.

What rocks my world is sharing my images to as many people as I can, and the nice comments that follow... keeps me going!

take good care

Most reactions

Back