Vancouver from a different perspective

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally made it out of Europe only to be hassled by Canadian customs. Here's something different from me. I haven't posted a point and shoot photo oh this forum before. The ISO800 noise is shameful on this photo but there was no other way. I have to share the view from Vancouver from Grouse Mountain ski slopes.

Any avid skiers out there, you have to take a trip to Vancouver for the winter. I have been here only 3 days and I am already amazed at the quality of the skiing.

3198072577_6bb2ab5109.jpg

Large version: Vancouver from Grouse Mountain on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You should call out for a meet-up with some of your Vancouver-based members, Garbz. Michaelaw is somewhere there, for example (I think), and tirediron, and our Harmony is in BC somewhere, don't know exactly where, so you might want to call out for them?
And wow, it looks like there is some snow...!!! :shock:

Some? There's more than 350cm on the mountain. They had HUGE snowfall recently. It's been 10 degrees for a week here now and the snow is still piled up in the streets. It's incredible. I am not sure I have much time for a meetup though, I have a full plan, mainly involving more skiing and a trip out east to the mountains.

is that it?post some more..

Some? There's more than 350cm on the mountain. They had HUGE snowfall recently. It's been 10 degrees for a week here now and the snow is still piled up in the streets. It's incredible. I am not sure I have much time for a meetup though, I have a full plan, mainly involving more skiing and a trip out east to the mountains.

What??? The snow is STILL piled up in the streets??? That was 2 weeks ago! I live temporarily just across the strait, in Victoria, and all that snow is gone. No sign of any snowbanks here! It better be gone when I go back next week!

OTOH, nice photo. Definitely a different, but beautiful perspective. I'm a big sucker for city lights.

I'm also used to looking up at the sometimes-eerie looking floating lights above the horizon. I should have my own photo of it, but here's what I'm talking about:

Flickr Photo Download: Lights on Grouse Mtn

I'm not an avid skier (I wish I was) but if you think Grouse Mtn is something...get up to Whistler, or hit up some slopes when you come east.

Mike we will. I have only been here for a few days but Whistler is on the map. Today though it's Mt Seymore which is just as close.

Jv17, handheld dodgy digicam while skiing without a tripod. I wish I could post some more but really most didn't come out, and even this one is borderline with it's lack of colour and high noise. But I will post more if I get some today :)

I live in Vancouver :) Sometimes I wish I knew how to ski/snowboard. But have no time to learn, and it's expensive too :(

Most reactions

Back