Vanishing Point

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
dpchallenge.com's current challenge is for vanishing point(s).

Dsc_0419e.jpg

This is my submission. You have 20 hours to critique me before the deadline. ;)

That said, I don't have access to photoshop on this computer (mine died) :( Could someone run an "auto level" filter on it? I have another version of this shot I had run through "auto levels" and a blue color showed up in the water instead of nothing but orange. I'm hoping that will bring it out again. I don't remember if it was a full auto levels, or if I faded it to about 60%. If someone could do this for me that'd be really really cool. Then simply email to me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance. (one day I'll learn how to use levels, I'm horrible at it)

very nice. love the textures. i really like the effect of the metal supports to balance out the diagonals of the bridge.

i'm not quite sure, but i think i might like it more if there were something occupying the bridge. somehow, the shot has a human feel to it without including people, but it seems kind of "lonely".

do you never take photos in the daylight? :wink:

Thanks for the input, and a special thanks to stvshoop for providing the photoshop adjustments.

This could be my highest ranked challenge entry to date. Although that doesn't say much. ;)

I was wondering about the fact that the vanishing point is out of the shot, too, but I do love this picture! That lighting is fantastic!

"The vanishing point is the appearance of a point on the horizon at which parallel lines converge together. Compose and photograph an interesting shot that illustrates this concept."

You just have to suggest it. My score keeps dropping, oh well, several people are commenting that it's too dark. (i.e. get your monitor calibrated!) ;)

Most reactions

Back