Various birds on pre-fab perches

s_linste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottyphotography.com
Some birds from the last week or so. Yellow warbler, Killdeer, Red-Winged Black Bird, Tree Swallow, Common Yellowthroat. Some are on "pre-fab" perches i.e. perches I placed in active areas to profit from the unobstructed background.

Scott

20610ywrblr0001c_filtered.jpg

20610kdeer0004c_filtered.jpg

20610rwbb0002c_filtered.jpg

20610tswllw0001c_filtered.jpg

20610yllwthrt0006c_filtered.jpg

I still wonder how you are able to achieve this closeness and moreover SHARPNESS!
These are once again so "WOW", I don't know what to say.
Managed to creep up on the tit in our quinch tree with the fully extended 300mm and felt I had come really surprisingly close, yet it still filled only a fraction of the frame, then it decided I might be danger and flew off. Hmph ...

OMG :hail: they are all soooooo good but that Yellow warbler is just amazing. Per-fab perches or not, lets be honest who cares !! When the photos are that good pre-fab away

Thanks, guys/gals

I wish I had more to do with it, but the sharpness/closeness is mostly thanks to the lens/teleconverter. And you PAY for what you get! The price of my 500mm was close to that of my toyota! There is some cropping going on too, but you can afford to do that when the lens is sharp and you used a tripod. The backgrounds are not photoshopped in any way -- long focal length lenses have really shallow depth of field. The rest of the story is the pre-fab perches, hiding in a blind and, of course, a lot of patience. ;)

Scott

Scott, those shots are just brilliant. (*sigh*) I share LaFoto's frustration with the results of a 300mm lens, so I just love seeing the pics that the guys with the big lenses get. Thanks so much for sharing these...they're awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back