Various from today.....

dizzyg44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you remember my last thread in photographic discussion, I was getting a little bored lately. Not knowing what I wanted to shoot, I went down to the Battery to relax. The place was busier than usual as the weather was finally warm and there were people with cameras everywhere! In 30 minutes I was asked by 7 people to take pictures of them with their cameras.

Then it hit me! Photograph the photographer :D

I know they suck, but I'm not any good at PP so I used Iphoto to adjust and crop and nothing more except for one B&W....

Everyone wants to be a photographer (I counted at least 10 people with cameras in this group when I took this)
DSC_0838.jpg

Immediately after taking the last one I turned around and saw him IIRC.........
DSC_0810.jpg

There were alot more but they didn't turn out too well

Lighting is bad as I was shooting into the sun but I like this one for some reason, like I'm a part of the conversation.....
DSC_0831.jpg

The were admiring the views :lol:......
DSC_0800.jpg

They were a really cute couple......(wish I didn't have the shadows on his face)
DSC_0836.jpg

I like the third one. It's kind of soft and feels very personal and I think it really does bring the viewer into the conversation, like you said.

The last one reminds me of me and my girlfriend.

Overall, some good pics.

I like the first one. There's an artist named Peter Funch who goes about getting shots like that in a more complicated way, but the energy reminds me of it:

Check out his series Babel Tales. Especially # 15/29 (Memory Lane) and # 16/29 (Posing Posers). He takes a series of fixed image with a tripod on a corner somewhere, and then composits recurring themes into one image. It's really fun. He also uses a wide panoramic aspect ratio.

We have a theme thread in the Photo Themes (more people should check those out, really!) called "Photographers Around Us" which is dedicated to photos we take of fellow photographers. I have added quite a few to the collection, too :D.

:D
Charleston is a great place to take pictures.
The houses around the Battery are fantastic. And such a collection of people. I was there last week, but did not get to shoot too much, Film as usual being processes. Would have enjoyed catching up with a local
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

Back