Vehicle Door Sign Concept - Comments, Critique, Suggestions Please

Derrel said:
Robin,

Didn't you have a car magnet made for your photography biz, back when you first got it going? Did it not work?

No, he didn't. Mohymen did. Photo by MOM(O).

Ah, thank you tyler....I remembered that we DID have somebody who had a new biz and a new car magnet!!!! Magnetic signs...I recall when the printing of those things was advertised as the next get rich quick business! lol.

They made me laugh. lol

Are those all one sign? Or three signs?

You probably already answered that... as much as I love you, I'm not reading three pages to find out. :p :)

Ouch.. that one hurts derrel.... really hurts :lmao:

Sorry man, this business is all about word of mouth AND people seeing your work. People are not going to check out your website or call you just from looking at this car magnet.

If you are a plumber however....

Robin,

Didn't you have a car magnet made for your photography biz, back when you first got it going? Did it not work?

Car decals never catch my attention. My old landlord had one for her car (real estate) and I never thought it was effective.

However, there was this Chinese take-out that has those car-roof light box that ALWAYS catches my attention. It's removable because I see the same sign on different cars. Although it's just a generic shape, it really pops.

Now imagine a camera-shaped light box running around in town... the whole town will be talking about your business.

molested_cow said:
Car decals never catch my attention. My old landlord had one for her car (real estate) and I never thought it was effective.

However, there was this Chinese take-out that has those car-roof light box that ALWAYS catches my attention. It's removable because I see the same sign on different cars. Although it's just a generic shape, it really pops.

Now imagine a camera-shaped light box running around in town... the whole town will be talking about your business.

The sexually violated heifer has a point...

Not seeing the humor in the "have you been shot recently?" part........ almost as tasteless (and creepy) as wearing an Alien Bees t-Shirt that says "ask me to flash you" to a high school sports event.

Not seeing the humor in the "have you been shot recently?" part........ almost as tasteless (and creepy) as wearing an Alien Bees t-Shirt that says "ask me to flash you" to a high school sports event.
That's just too funny.

In all, I agree with the crowd, wish I had something better to contribute but I'm TERRIBLE with marketing.

Here is my take
$john.jpg

View attachment 31799[/QUOTE]
They made me laugh. lol
Are those all one sign? Or three signs?
Huh? Howzat? All which.... ?

Interesting; while that would probably be a more effective attention-getter, I'm not sure that I want something like that stuck on top of my vehicle. FWIW, I don't actually expect a lot from the signs, BUT, since I can get all three of them done for $100, it seems to me that there's no way it can hurt. Worst-case, they generate NO additional business. I don't see how it can hurt.

Or you can name your business differently, like "Molested John" or something.
Ummm... I think I'll pass on that. ;)

Lighten up! (You will notice that I've removed that line from the Ver. 3.0 rendering however).

Here is my take
Hey cool! Thanks very much MiFleur; I especially like that curved accent line.

Thanks everyone for all the input and suggestions! It's very much appreciated.

Are those all one sign? Or three signs? [/QUOTE]
Huh? Howzat? All which.... ?

Interesting; while that would probably be a more effective attention-getter, I'm not sure that I want something like that stuck on top of my vehicle. FWIW, I don't actually expect a lot from the signs, BUT, since I can get all three of them done for $100, it seems to me that there's no way it can hurt. Worst-case, they generate NO additional business. I don't see how it can hurt.

Or you can name your business differently, like "Molested John" or something.
Ummm... I think I'll pass on that. ;)

Lighten up! (You will notice that I've removed that line from the Ver. 3.0 rendering however).

Here is my take

<snipped>
Hey cool! Thanks very much MiFleur; I especially like that curved accent line.

Thanks everyone for all the input and suggestions! It's very much appreciated.

Location, location, location. In the grand scheme of things I believe the sides should be simple and bold, easily read in a few seconds, small or tight fonts will be unreadable. If a person is in another car next to yours they may not be able to see it if placed low or it wont catch their attention. In most times they won't write down a phone #, but they'll remember a simple web page such as yours. My 2 cents is John's Photography at Johnsphotography.ca with maybe a catch phrase to catch attention located on the sides and on the back place a more descriptive sign such as in post 10.
I believe people will visit a web page before calling a company. I could be wrong. Stay away from the phrase shooting people, it's not as humorous as it once was.

Most of the people that will have an opportunity to see a sign on the side of your car when you are driving down the road.

Consequently, you need to keep it short, sweet, as big as possible, and as legible as possible, so use a simple but eye catching font.

www.John'sPhotography.com
Your phone number

Most reactions

Back