TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This summer. Credit the news to Sw1tchFX, he provided this link:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/proPhotoProductVelvia.jsp

I'm excited. I'm moving to a medium format rangefinder (Bronica), and I imagine I'll be able to blow these up to HUGE proportions. Now if only Kodachrome 25 would come back. Talk about fine grain and massive enlargements!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited too, I've been using Velvia 100 (not 100F) quite a bit recently and I'd love to see what the 50 looks like in comparison. I've heard that the blues stay a little neutral, but reds and yellows really scream.

Coming back? You mean I didn't need to half fill my freezer with the stuff? :lol: Oh well, it was a good price... :lol:

Glazers here in Seattle has everything, and they don't have it.

I think 2001 is when Velvia was first listed at 7dayshop rather than when that particular stock was made. Anyway they're dated July 2007 - they arrived today and went straight in the freezer :)

I last bought new Velvia 50 about eight months ago, so it wasn't out for that long. Not my favorite film but it does have it's strong points and I have to admit it's a good thing it's back even if only for the possible trickle-down effect on the rest of the market (more film revivals?).

Dave

i'm not too knowledgeable on the velvia emulsions . . . but is there any difference really between the 50 and 100? is it a total different recipe?

just curious

I've heard the 50 has more punch in the Reds and yellows. 100 and 100F are more realistic.

I've heard the 50 has more punch in the Reds and yellows. 100 and 100F are more realistic.

Yeah, one of the famous parts of Velvia 50 was its intense reds. Velvia 100F tends to make reds a bit orangey.

50 also has a finer grain structure than the 100, although at that range, the only way you'd really be able to tell the difference is if you did a wall-mural sized enlargement of both images.

Most reactions

Back