Venice Canals at night.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I managed to find a few quiet canals at night last week....
358075339_EFQCt-L.jpg

358075406_7xhyd-L.jpg

358075274_ed76Y-L.jpg

Wow I want to go to Venice so bad. It looks like the coolest place on earth. Thanks for sharing these:thumbup:

Ah Venice...

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that. :)

I'd agree with mdcrisp, all good shots but 2 wins it for me, nice contrast and desaturataion and excellent composition.

Good job.

Very nicely done - I particularly like the almost monochrome feel of the second shot.

Regards, Tony

great night shots!! I consider night shots as being quite difficult to achieve (I really suck at it ;-) ) and you really did extraordinarly here!! good job!

haha i ate at that resturant in the last picture!

Great shots! i love em all

heh heh really? How was the food? Glad you like the shots, thanks a lot.

Very nicely done - I particularly like the almost monochrome feel of the second shot.

Regards, Tony

thanks Tony...the muted tones seemed the best choice for the scene.

more like smelliest place on earth...:lmao:

Awesome shots. what lens was it?

yes it is smelly...other Italians have a saying- 'Venice is like an old lady with stinky breath'.....thanks for the comments and I used the 17-40L lens, I use this lens for most of my tripod night work.

Amazing shots, number 2 does it for me also.

thank you very much.

Superb shots, esp #2. :)

Out of interest how much p'shop was done on those?

thanks George....I shoot RAW 100% of the time and I spend a fair bit of time processing the RAW files to gain maximum benefit for PP work. I use layers for all my adjustments to levels, curves etc so I guess you could say a fair bit of PP. However there is not much major alteration to the image apart from local contrast adjustment.

great night shots!! I consider night shots as being quite difficult to achieve (I really suck at it ;-) ) and you really did extraordinarly here!! good job!

thanks very much spako....I haven't seen any night shots on your website but you're work is outstanding, so I think with a bit of practice....;).

Most reactions

Back