Vent-Shooting for the Ultra Wealthy

Sorry your vent got interrupted.

I read your post right after it went up and didn't reply but felt compelled to tonight. I have never personally experienced what you did and so I can only imagine the frustration you felt.

I hope you made a LOT of money from them and they end up ordering even more prints so you can make a bigger bundle from them. There has to be something good coming from this for you.

Generally speaking those at the top of the wealth/social ladder have little difference from those you find at the bottom ;)
I'm a bit offended at this considering most of my life I've been on the bottom end of the wealth ladder - I grew up in a very poor neighborhood inside Atlanta next to an area of mixed income ranging from middle-class to the nouveau riche. I went to both a rich high school and a poor high school. A private university and a community college. My experiences have shown me those at all positions of the "wealth/social ladder" have the same propensity to be as arrogant and xenophobic as anybody else ... Everyone's isolated to their own social circle to some extent no matter your income and it's a little unfair to vindicate the just-as-guilty middle class of the same crimes you accuse the upper and lower classes of committing ...

In short, everybody sucks no matter where you go.

Hi,
I hope you didn't take my post wrong. They didn't suck. They were just...elusive. It was like they thought I would send the photos to People Magazine or something. (I would never do that). They were all pretty much nice, but it was the constant "no photos" that got to me. How in the hell do I shoot a wedding when half the people in the wedding party forbid me to take a photo of them? How do I show what guests were there, dancing and having a good time, when I'm not allowed to take a photo? I mean some of these folks had actual bodygaurds with them. Do I just say "screw you" and take the photo anyways and then run for the door?

[snip]

My post was mostly directed at what Overread said and was kind of off-topic; Sorry about that.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the support. I know I sounded like a total winer. I was just so very frustrated. Sorry for the vent, but I wanted to get it off my chest with my brothers and sisters who knows how it can go sometimes. I think we all probably experience this type of thing at one type or another, be it at weddings, or commercial work, or whatever.
Thanks again.

Yes you did but that's alright. We all need to vent once in a while. Sometimes more often than that.

Except, of course, for the non-working photographers who don't don't much about real life photography. Unfortunately, we have more non-working photogs here than working ones. And they ***** at you according to their limited knowledge of real life photography. How nice to do a 365 when it means nothing in terms of paying the bills because it is just a hobby...

Hopefully, these people will never have to find out what real life is :grumpy:

Grew up in a typical middle class neighborhood which over time got surrounded by extremely wealthy areas. I hated dealing with it in school and the parents of the original middle class neighborhood lost a voice in local gov't. The experience a left a bad taste and I got out of there quickly after high school (and on to college). Till this day I avoid those areas as much as I avoid high crime areas. If you looked up the city, it would be ranked at one of the so called "Best Places to Live in the U.S." What a F&^#$ load of crap! The people that established and built the place to what it became got shoved out.

Many will say there are no "classes" in America... because they still live in a fantasy that here in the U.S. people are all born equal and live equally. What a load of B.S!!!

The OP got a taste of it... Unfortunately, you have to figure a way to deal with it. I would also charge more if that were the clientele... essentially get paid to "deal".

Many will say there are no "classes" in America... because they still live in a fantasy that here in the U.S. people are all born equal and live equally. What a load of B.S!!!

Hell man, what's wrong with you? We do not have "classes" here.

I live in a mobile home park but I am totally equal to the man who lives in the macmansion of the hill. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back