Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
engredo04.jpg

engredo08.jpg

engredo18.jpg

engredo19.jpg

engredo20.jpg

#1 I like, but her head is positions very awkwardly; probably because you shot down on them. I think it would have been better if her head wasn't leaning forward to look up at you, and their heads were tilted slightly closer together to show closeness between them. If she was sitting straight it would have really helped her posture. That kink in her neck is very distracting and unflattering to her.

#2 He looks very awkward. His posture makes him look very feminine and uncomfortable. You also cut them off really close to the knees. I would crop a little off the bottom so it's not cutting through a joint.

The others look fine, but did they choose the scenery because they were meaningful? (i.e. first date or something?) I don't get the locations but perhaps it was significant.

No shots showing her ring finger!?!?!? :D

All in all, good attempt. Did you charge for this or were they friends?

Seriously?
Yes, I shot down on them. She feels that she is "fat". She is not.

Joints are a PPA rule, which in some people's mind, is the "old way". I cut through joints all the time.

Yes, the location was meaningful, but full of distractions. It was a very small park surrounded by cars, traffic, and buildings. You have to do what you have to do as a pro.

How do you know what shots she recieved? You only see the shots I shared.

Did I charge? Yes. Thier package is over $7,000.

Have I seen your work around? I see that you are a student. Are you studying photography? Do you have a studio? I'm only asking because I am wondering why the "hate mail" when all you have are posts about travel on bags......

Seriously?

Joints are a PPA rule, which in some people's mind, is the "old way". I cut through joints all the time.

Yes, the location was meaningful, but full of distractions. It was a very small park surrounded by cars, traffic, and buildings. You have to do what you have to do as a pro.

Have I seen your work around?

Did you just post these to get ooh's and ahh's from people or did you want constructive criticism? I think you need to adjust your attitude or don't post on a public forum. Nothing I said was meant to be taken in a negative context. I expect people to be harsh with my images, and I give back the same constructive benefits for others. Pretending everything is perfect because you get people boosting your ego by telling you how fantastic your images are, when they are flawed, does absolutely nothing to help you grow as a photographer.

I gave my opinion. If you don't like it, then don't take it into account. But don't lash back at people who give their constructive help.

My full opinion, since you chose to pretend these are not flawed in any sense, is that I hope the other images in this $7,000 package are much better. If they are not, and it were me, you would be hearing from my attorney.

If I want my ego stroked I go show my images to loved ones and friends. When I want my skills to improve, I show them here. It's as simple as that.

Edit: I honestly had no idea I clicked into the professional gallery until after I posted since I came across this via "New Posts". I thought these were in the beginner's gallery so I gave my input on them. I don't have to critique them if you don't want me to.

Josh,
I always appreciate CC as you can see from many of my prior posts. I'm just NOT used to taking them from photography students who have no real world experience in the field.
I need to adjust nothing. Again referring to the above. I am a full time, booked until next year pro, and you are a student. I'm not saying you don't have something to offer, but I AM saying that you have not been in my shoes in the real world. You are a student. You are just learning. Nothing wrong with that my man. Nothing at all.
What you fail to see, is that I do come here for CC. But I come to the PROFESSIONAL GALLERY for CCs from other working pros who know how things are on location, in a hurry, in less than great conditions. I'm not sitting around all day waiting for the perfect sunset. I don't have time.
Oh Lordy. If people didn't like my CONSISTANT work, they woudn't hire me. End of story. When and if you start your business, you can tell me all about attorneys. At this point I have a 100 percent satifaction rate after 6 years.
I'm not trying to make you feel like a total loser, but seriously you have NEVER done this kind of work.
I would listen to your advice had it been handled in a different manner. But it wasn't, and it continues to be derogatory.
Please feel free to comment on anything I post up. But don't be surprised if I tell you that you are still a bit naive.

Seriously?

Have I seen your work around?

Did you just post these to get ooh's and ahh's from people or did you want constructive criticism? I think you need to adjust your attitude or don't post on a public forum. Nothing I said was meant to be taken in a negative context. I expect people to be harsh with my images, and I give back the same constructive benefits for others. Pretending everything is perfect because you get people boosting your ego by telling you how fantastic your images are, when they are flawed, does absolutely nothing to help you grow as a photographer.

I gave my opinion. If you don't like it, then don't take it into account. But don't lash back at people who give their constructive help.

My full opinion, since you chose to pretend these are not flawed in any sense, is that I hope the other images in this $7,000 package are much better. If they are not, and it were me, you would be hearing from my attorney.

If I want my ego stroked I go show my images to loved ones and friends. When I want my skills to improve, I show them here. It's as simple as that.

Edit: I honestly had no idea I clicked into the professional gallery until after I posted since I came across this via "New Posts". I thought these were in the beginner's gallery so I gave my input on them. I don't have to critique them if you don't want me to.

I honestly don't mind CC, Josh. I don't. And anyone has a right to post their opinions on the Pro Gallery. Anyone. It was just that you were using "student speak" and I could see it in an instant. I don't hate you. :) I appreciate you. But I'm going to tell you my replies, unedited.

Ok?

Josh,
I always appreciate CC as you can see from many of my prior posts. I'm just NOT used to taking them from photography students who have no real world experience in the field.
I need to adjust nothing. Again referring to the above. I am a full time, booked until next year pro, and you are a student. I'm not saying you don't have something to offer, but I AM saying that you have not been in my shoes in the real world. You are a student. You are just learning. Nothing wrong with that my man. Nothing at all.
What you fail to see, is that I do come here for CC. But I come to the PROFESSIONAL GALLERY for CCs from other working pros who know how things are on location, in a hurry, in less than great conditions. I'm not sitting around all day waiting for the perfect sunset. I don't have time.
Oh Lordy. If people didn't like my CONSISTANT work, they woudn't hire me. End of story. When and if you start your business, you can tell me all about attorneys. At this point I have a 100 percent satifaction rate after 6 years.
I'm not trying to make you feel like a total loser, but seriously you have NEVER done this kind of work.
I would listen to your advice had it been handled in a different manner. But it wasn't, and it continues to be derogatory.
Please feel free to comment on anything I post up. But don't be surprised if I tell you that you are still a bit naive.

I am not a photography student actually. And by pointing out how naive and under-qualified I am, yet I can find fatal errors in your images, says more about you than about me.

Like I said, you can wallow in your self-appointed greatness, or you can take input with a grain of salt and better yourself from it. It's your choice to make, and no one can tell you otherwise. If you are happy with them, and the clients are too, then that is fantastic. I am just saying that I wouldn't have been happy with some of those if they were my own, let alone if I were being charged a large sum for them.

Seeing as you have seen none of my work (perhaps a few threads here or a couple throw aways that I post on Flickr), I see no way you can make any sort of judgement about me, nor I of you. This is why I stated that I hope the other images are worthy of your $7,000 charge (the ones you did not show us).

It was not my intent to start a pissing match on the internet, so I'll just unsubscribe form this thread and let the ego-stroking commence. That way I wont be notified of anything I will feel the need to comment on.

On a side note, in regards to the other thread you dug up and posted in as part of your vendetta for self-preservation, there is a difference between being a successful photographer and being a great photographer. So many photographers these days make a living simply because they charge high premiums and have professional looking gear (big lenses = professional in the minds of average people). They avoid confrontation by turning it around on the other party and demeaning them to feel in-superior or unqualified to ever make such a judgement. I know from experience while interning at different locations many years ago.

I wish you the best, and no hard feelings; I don't hold internet grudges. I hope to see more of your work in the future; take care.

Oh Lord......
Ok. I'll wait for your Engagement shoot stuff. I don't need internet greatness. I'm doing ok.
I wasn't saying you were unqualified. I expressly said ANYONE could post on their feelings. However, I was more concerned with people who do this for a living.

Fatal errors? Dude you are on crack. Errors, yes, always, but fatal? Please.

I don't wallow in greatness as you put it, but I have been published more than a few times. I teach seminars for the PPA, and my clients are all happy. Can you say the same? If not, why the hell would I listen to you? Yes, I hear you, but will I take it to heart? Will I cry? Is that what you expected? Um. No. You are someone who has never done this. Is there any fault with the photos? Probably. Did I like your delivery? You figure it out.

Do I take advice from Ray Prevost, Huy Nygen, Leslie Spurlock? Um yes. And they do make me grow. I grow from the random person on the street. I grow from most members of this forum. Do I take advice from the many full time professionals on this forum yes. When I am speaking to a student though, I'm a little more reserved. You are just learning.

Anyhow, no one has sued me yet, instead they refer me. And I'm not cheap. You do the math.

You already made a judgement. Don't be surprised if I look up your history or lack of it.

I have no vendettas....

As far as being a successful photographer or a great one.........you are finally right. There are many great photographers who are not successful. You need to know how to sell as much as you need to know how to shoot.

(You know from experience, how?)

I wish you the best as well. I'm sure the years will help you understand the conditions we work under. I hold no grudge and will help you if you ever deem to need it.
Hugs,
Cindy

"Edit: I honestly had no idea I clicked into the professional gallery until after I posted since I came across this via "New Posts". I thought these were in the beginner's gallery so I gave my input on them. I don't have to critique them if you don't want me to. "

So why was it different thinking you were hammering on a beginner? Everyone starts somewhere. Including you.

So why was it different thinking you were hammering on a beginner? Everyone starts somewhere. Including you.

Cindy,

Josh wasn't hammering anyone, please leave this discussion alone, he has already said he is willing to walk away, YOU do the same.

But yes everyone starts somewhere, and you did too.. on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back