Veronica

Blaney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am new to the forums. Here are a few that I took of my co-workers daughter at the park. Feel free to criticize or comment.
IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
The last shot is my favorite out of these.

that one was my favorite too...and it wasn't actually posed. She was laying in the grass while I was shooting her brother and I saw it and told her not to move...but I really love it.

Hiya Patti, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Taking portraits in bright sunshine has shown to be not such a good idea for bright light also always casts deep shadows, and that often doesn't do a face any good.
That may also be why you like the last photo best: she is either lying in the shadow or a cloud covered the sun in the moment you saw her there and said "Don't move", and the light is very even on her face.

In 1 the bright sunlight almost blows out her face and in 2 you would have needed to fill up the shadows in her face with a bit of fill-flash, I think.

I agree with the third being the best.

The bright sunshine is too harsh in the first too. The sun also causes people to swuint which doesnt look as nice. If the second had a fill flash I think it would be really nice.

Most reactions

Back