Vertigo onset free with pics!!

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some pics I took today after being inspired By Alex B. "Warp".
I dont want to copy what he did but I thought they were so cool( yeah I said cool traveler:p ) that I went and tried my hand at it.
Let me know what you think. I think They make me DIZZY.

DSC02091edit.jpg

DSC02089edit.jpg

:drunk: Oops, hic ... wassit that one little beer only ... or wasnit?

They need a subject and/or longer shutter speed. Try pausing a second after the shutter opens before you start zooming in. If you can't do that, than put something of intrest in the center.

Oh gosh. They made me dizzy!!!! I'm not sure what to think of them. I don't know much about the photographer that inspired you, so it's hard to say. However, I think they are really "cool". lol

They need a subject and/or longer shutter speed. Try pausing a second after the shutter opens before you start zooming in. If you can't do that, than put something of intrest in the center.

Thanks for the input switch.I wanted a longer shutter but there was just to much light to allow it and I have not bought a ND/CPL for this lens yet.Had the iso down on low80 and still could only get a 1/8 shutter speed.Good idea on the subject.I thought it would be cool to have one subject in focus and draw away from it but I just got the hunch while riding down this old dirt road and thought I would give it a whirl.
I'll keep your comments in mind next time I try it.:thumbup:

I feel honoured to give inspiration :)

Sw1tchFX is right, I did have a short timespan when I did not zoom. But then again my exposure was fairly long.

looks like you had a more steady hand (or tripod) than i did though ;)

Yeah I think that this summer when the trees are full of leaves I should be able to streatch out the shutter time a little longer,That and a ND filter would prob be good.

Pausing before you zoom usually gives me the most interesting effects. I've got a great shot of downtown seattle doing that. I'll post if it you don't mind, but i'd rather have your permission because it IS your thread.

Pausing before you zoom usually gives me the most interesting effects. I've got a great shot of downtown seattle doing that. I'll post if it you don't mind, but i'd rather have your permission because it IS your thread.

Yeah I would like to see it.For future reference you dont need my permission to add photos to my thread for illustration.:thumbup:

Yeah I really see what you mean!!

That is really aahhh....Cool:er: LOL!!

How did you get the cars in front to stay in focus without blurring when you zoomed.Did you zoom in or out BTW?
That gives me even more inspiration.I could comment on this one for quite some time.Thanks for posting it here and I hope to take some as good as this one someday.

I had my lens out at 35mm, had an exposure of 8 seconds, held it at 35mm for 3 and slowly zoomed out to 18mm for the remaining 5 seconds.

Most reactions

Back